Elastic Hypercube Technology is a patent-pending enhancement to the Adaptive Insights platform. It gives you the power, scalability, and performance you need to model your business – without compromising ease of use.
Over the next few releases we'll be phasing in this new technology to allow for instance designs, supporting structures, and datasets that are significantly larger than previously possible. Performance enhancements will be more apparent to you in 2019.
The first release of this phased rollout begins in 2018.2 and continues into 2019. We'll gradually enable Elastic Hypercube Technology to customers in batches.
Do I Have Elastic Hypercube Technology?
To see if you have Elastic Hypercube Technology, go to General Setup. If you can see the words Elastic Hypercube, you've got it.
Elastic Hypercube in 2018.2
What you can expect when Elastic Hypercube Technology gets turned on for your instance :
Support for larger modeled sheets
- Set the maximum number of rows that display in your modeled sheets so the entire sheet doesn't try to load at once. See Modeled sheet first page size in General Setup.
- Use larger modeled sheets more easily – even when dimensions are extremely large.
Support for large dimensionality
- Throughout Adaptive Insights, dimension drop-down menus and tree navigation respond faster with large dimensions.
- Modeled and cube sheets respond quicker and are easier to use when they contain dimensions with large numbers of dimension values.
- Modeled and cube sheets with large dimensions save and load faster.
What's in the Works
What you can expect in the future:
- Support for cube sheets larger than 1 GB.
- Support for larger views of cube sheets, even if you nest your dimensions in them.
- Cube sheet rows only containing zeroes will get suppressed automatically.
- Model evaluation and caching get more intelligent, efficient, and granular, thanks to targeted evaluation and caching rules.
- Numbers load from cache much more quickly.
- Import performance improves, regardless of where or what you import.
- Export performance increases across the board, including exports via Custom Cloud Data Sources.
- Modeled sheets let you paginate forward and back through your sheet rows to find what you need.
- Reports will support enterprise-scale data; loading and saving more quickly. Include large dimensions and retain usability.