Skip to main content

logoCorrectSize.png

Adaptive Insights LLC.

Modeling and Access Rules

2020R1: Release notes for modeling

Protect Modeled Accounts with Access Rules

You can now use access rules to define the modeled accounts your team can view and edit.  In the access rule template, choose to list the modeled sheet name, which controls all the accounts on the sheet, or list each account code with the sheet prefix. You can use: 

  • Initial Balance accounts (example: Personnel.Payrate).
  • The Timespan account (example: Personnel.Timespan).
  • Any account in the sheet, including those used as display columns (example: Personnel.Salary).

Access rules work throughout your model: 

  • Sheets
  • Reports
  • Dashboard charts
  • OfficeConnect
  • Excel Interface for Planning

See Access Rules Overview and Access Rules and Your Model.

Quick View of Cube Account Types

The cube sheet's account list now includes a column with differentiating account types, like standard, metric, assumption, calculated, or linked. The type, Cube, is listed for the root account and groups.

See Cube Sheet Overview.

Import and Export Shared Formulas

Watch the video: 2m 56s

Import and Export of Shared Formulas - What's New 2020R1
 

Manage shared formula updates faster with the new Export Formulas and Import Formulas buttons. 

  • Export all the shared formulas for a single account and version.
  • Or export all the shared formulas for the entire version in all accounts.
  • Use the export to audit and update the formulas. Then import the updates in bulk. 
  • Export the formulas from one instance or version and import to another. 

See Shared Formulas Overview and Import and Export Shared Formulas.

Eliminations with Minority Interest Trading Partners 

Before, elimination rules accounted for the consolidation percent of only one of the trading partners. Unbalanced eliminations due to consolidation percentages calculated remainders in the difference account.

Now, the elimination calculation accounts for the consolidation percent of both trading partners. The elimination uses the smaller consolidation percentage of the the trading partners. For example, if an elimination level owns 75% of Trading Partner A  and 100% of Trading Partner B, the percent applied to the elimination entry is 75%. The remaining 25% is left in the intercompany accounts rather than in the difference account.

  • Was this article helpful?