On this screen, you can map dimension values from the source instance to the target instance. These mappings are associated with the individual linked level where they are created (see Organization Administration) and are not affected by mappings for other linked levels or other import or export mappings.
The mapping table has two columns:
- Source Dimension Values: This column displays all of the dimension values for the selected dimension in the linked child instance.
- Target Dimension Values: This column displays all of the dimension values for the selected dimension in your current instance, the parent instance.
If the source and target dimension value names match, you can click the Auto Map button to have the system generate the mappings for any unmapped dimension values. If the dimension values differ between the two linked instances, you can manually establish the mappings. To establish mappings between the source and the target dimension values, follow these steps:
- Locate the source dimension value that you want to map and click to select it. A Search box is available to quickly locate the source dimension value name in the list.
- In the Mapping Details section of this screen, locate the corresponding target dimension value and click to select it. A Search box is available to quickly locate the dimension value name in the list. You can map multiple source dimension values to a single target dimension value.
- Once you have located and selected the target dimension value, click Save.
You can click the Printable View button to get an export of the dimension value mappings in this screen as an Excel file.