Create global user groups to grant version access, or email reports to a group of users.
If you use access rules, create user groups to assign and update access rules to many users at once. Using groups for access rules, also lets you assign access to new users by adding them to the group. See Access Rules Overview and Create or Edit Access Rules.
Before You Begin
Required permission: Admin Access > Manage Global User Groups.
How You Get There
From the nav menu, select Administration > Global User Groups.
Create Groups and Add Users
- Select New Group.
- Enter a Name for the group.
- Select users and use the arrows to add them to the group. Choose from the available lists:
- Available Groups: A list of global user groups that already exist in Adaptive Insights. Your group gets automatically updated when the groups you added are updated.
- Available Users: A list of all users. Add individual users to the new group.
- Available Levels: A list of levels. Add levels to add all the users assigned to the level. Your group gets automatically updated when levels you added are updated.
- Select OK.
Edit or Delete Groups
To Edit an existing group, select the pencil icon. To Delete a group, select the X icon.
Grant Groups Access to Version
To grant a group access to a version, go to the Access Control section of the Version details and select the group from the Group dropdown. Then select the type of access. For more information, see Version Access Control.
Share Reports with Groups
To share reports with groups:
- Verify that you have an email address saved to your profile.
- Go to Reports and run any report.
- From the toolbar, click Share Report.
- Select the plus icon to the right of the To field.
- Under Available Groups, select groups and use the arrows to add them to the email.
- Select OK.
Use Groups for Access Rules
For access rules, use the group Name to define the rules. See Create Access Rules.