You can create passwords for users in the Users menu. You can set password requirements in the General Setup menu.
Before You Begin
Required permission to create passwords for users: Admin Access > Users
Required permission to set password requirements: Admin Access
How You Get There
From the nav menu, select Administration.
Password Best Practices
Always research and use current password management best practices.
- Select General Setup from the System menu.
- Consider these general guidelines:
- For Minimum Character Length, enter 8 or more.
- For Numeric Characters, enter 1 or more to require that passwords use at least one number.
- Select Mixed Case to require that the password use both capital and lowercase letters
- For Password Valid for, enter at least 90 days or 3 months.
- For Allowed Failed Attempts, enter a number between 4 and 10. Then, enter a maximum of 1,440 minutes (24 hours) in the field to the right. The system locks an account if users try to log in 10 times within a 24-hour period. Once you set this, you see the column on the Users interface in Administration.
- For Prevent Using Last, enter at most 10.
- Select Users Must Change Their Password on First Login.
- Select the Save button.
For descriptions on all the fields, see General Setup.
Create or Reset Passwords for Users
- Select Users from the menu.
- From the All Users page, find the user in the list and select the Edit link next to the Login (username).
- At the bottom of the page, type a new password in the Password and Re-enter password fields.
- Select Submit.
The user may get a prompt to change their password as soon as they log in with the new password you created. To enable this option, go to Administration > General Setup. Choose the option in the Password Reset Management section.
Passwords must conform to the password requirements defined in Administration > General Setup.
Unlock Locked Passwords
By default, user accounts lock when the user has unsuccessfully attempted to log in 10 times within 24 hours. You can see locked accounts from the Users list:
To change the default, see Set Password Requirements, the section above.
To unlock an account:
- Select Users.
- Select the Edit link next to a user with a Locked Login State.
- In the Password section, from the State dropdown, select Unlocked.
- Select Submit.