How do I improve report, dashboard, or sheet load time or performance?
When you refresh an OfficeConnect report, run a web report, or load a sheet or a dashboard, it can sometimes take a long time. This depend on whether the action involves a full or partial load of the underlying data model.
A report or sheet can take longer to load if it involves a full load. For example:
- Changes submitted under Model Management
- Changes to the Actuals data
- Updates to the General Setup page under Administration
- Updates submitted to shared formulas in any version.
A report or sheet loads relatively faster if it involves only a partial load. For example:
- Changes to the Budget data including imports and data entry into sheets and assumptions
For faster performance, we recommend the following best practices:
- Minimize actions that trigger a full load during peak activity hours.
- Use Admin publishing to defer modeling updates at a later time.
- Notify users of inconsistent performance while changes are underway.
- Test variances between full and partial load to understand user impact. A wider variance means greater impact.