This article includes suggestions and workarounds. Content may not be accurate for all use cases or represent best practices for the latest release.
How do I clear my browser and java Cache on a Mac?
How to clear the Java cache:
- Click on Apple icon at the top of your screen.
- Click the System Preferences icon to open.
- Click on Java icon located under the Other section to open Java Control Panel.
- Click on the Delete Files button on Temporary Internet Files window.
- This will open the Delete Files and Applications window, click OK to confirm delete.
How to Clear the Firefox Cache:
- On the menu bar, click on the Firefox menu and select Preferences...
- Select the Advanced panel.
- Click on the Network tab.
- In the Cached Web Content section, click Clear Now.
Clear Cache in Chrome on Mac:
- Click on the three vertical dots in the top right corner.
- In the menu select, More Tools
- Select the Clear Browsing Data link.
- Select the time range.
- Check boxes for Cookies and other site and plug-in data and Cache images and files.
- Click the Clear Browsing Data button.