You can upload Excel spreadsheets, Word docs, PowerPoint presentations and more into a report folder. Create a document repository for your financial processes in your Adaptive Planning instance. Share these uploaded files with others and the same security features that apply to the live reports also apply to these static report files.
Before You Begin
Required Permission: Upload Files
How You Get There
From the nav menu, select Reports.
Upload a Static File
To upload a static file to a report folder:
- Select New Report > Upload File.
- Browse to locate the file you want to upload.
- Select the file and select Open. The path to the file you select populates in the File field and the name of the file populates in the Name field.
- Optional. Update the name to reflect how you want identify the report in the Reports menu.
- Optional. Add a description for the file you are uploading. The text that you enter here appears as hover text for the report.
- Select to save the report as a personal or shared Report. If you created additional folders in your Shared or Personal folders, choose the folder in which you want to save your report.
- Optional. If you choose to save the file as a shared report:
- Select the available users or levels as recipients.
- Specify if you want to only share with users who have Salary Detail access.
- Click Upload. The file will now appear in the report details panel with the other existing reports.
View a Static Report
You can view a static report in two ways:
- Right-click the report in the report details panel and in the report context menu select Open.
- Click the report name in the report details panel.