Transaction reports are similar to Model Reports. They are created to display data associated with the Transactions Reporting & Analysis module. Transaction reports can be saved in folders, run in different output types, saved as a snapshot, and shared with others in the same way as other reports in the system.
The report builder consists of a toolbar at the top, left pane for selecting Transaction Fields to include in the report, and design area for building the report.
Required Permission: Access Report
Navigation: Reports and choose Transaction from the New Reports menu
Transaction Drill Through
When viewing actuals data on sheets that correspond with transaction level data, users with the appropriate permission can drill into the transaction level detail if data is loaded into the specified intersection. Transaction drill through is only available in cells where there is transaction level data associated with the account and level. There are two ways that a user can access this data:
- Sheet Viewer Context Menu Right-click a cell on the sheet that has corresponding transaction level detail. The Drill Into Transactions option is displayed. Click this option to run a default Transaction Detail report that displays all transaction data related to the current cell.
- Explore Cell Use the Explore Cell option to find out more about a cell on a sheet that has related transaction level data. The Drill Into Transactions link is available from the Explore Cell dialog. Click this option to run a default Transaction Detail report that displays all transaction data related to the current cell.
It is possible to set transaction drill-through specific to a version by associating transaction reports with a version. This becomes possible when:
- An Admin designs a transaction table so that data can be partitioned into sets that map to a version. A column called Encumbrances, for example, can be created in the transactions table. If a record in the transaction table is an encumbrance, it could be marked with a Yes in the Encumbrances column.
- An Admin prepares multiple transaction reports - one for each version that needs filtering. As an example, they create an Actuals transactions report which gets filtered by No in the Encumbrances column, and they create another transaction report that filters by Yes in the Encumbrances column.
- An Admin associates these reports with their corresponding versions. The Actuals transaction report, for example, would be associated to the Actuals version by navigating to Modeling > Model Management > and clicking Versions and using "Drill into Transactions" option to browse to the shared Transactions Report.
- The end user visits a sheet for a version, Actuals, for example, and invokes "drill into transactions" within a sheet. The drill into action then draws on the transaction report for that version.
Version Specific Transaction Drill-through does not apply to NetSuite drill-through, and is only visible with the transactions module. If a version with this setting gets cloned, the setting goes with it.
Create a Transaction Report
The report design area consists of a horizontal columns axis. To create a Transaction report, drag and drop field elements into the tier on the columns axis. In a Transaction report, only one tier is available. When you add a numeric element to the design area, a total row is displayed.
Adaptive Planning for Sales instances let you create transaction reports using any of its transaction tables. All of the elements in a transaction report must be from the same transaction table.
- Right-click the element to rename the column title or set display format:
- Rename the column display title
- Format the column, such as column width, header style, body style (transaction row), and Total style. For numeric elements
- Move the column to the right or left.
- Delete (remove) the column from the report.
- Click the Gear icon in the toolbar to set display format and printer parameters for the entire report.
- Select the Total check box to show totals in the report. You can only select to show totals for numeric elements. If the column is a currency column, you can select Currency to specify the currency in which you want this total to display. Right-click the Total element to specify numeric formats.
Alternatives to drag-and-drop are:
- Right-click/Ctrl-click an element
- Click Copy or Cut,
- Right-click or Ctrl-click in the report area where you want the element to go, and select Paste. See Drag-and-Drop Alternatives QuickSheet. for more information.
Reports Toolbar Reference
|Save||Saves the report. Click the menu (arrow icon) and choose to:
|Run||Run the report as HTML, HTML in a new window, Excel file, or as a PDF.|
|Filter||Create, change, or delete filters.|
|Report Properties||Manage report properties, including display properties such as adding vertical lines, numbering the rows, showing a total row count and/or suppressing empty columns.
Set up print parameters for Excel and PDF report output, including page size and orientation, scaling, color printing, margins, and number of copies.
|Element Properties||Manage the properties of a selected transaction element.
Alternate method to edit element properties: right-click the element in the design area and select an option from the menu.
Rename tab: Change the Display column title.
Display tab: Change the formatting of the element.
Numbers tab (available only for numeric elements): Change the numeric formatting, such as displaying zeros, precision, show thousand separator, magnitude, and negative number format.
Currency tab (available only for Totals row for numeric elements with currency): Select a currency type
Note: To format the Total field, right-click the Total cell on the element.
|Move Left, Move Right||Move selected element to the right or left.|
|Delete||Remove the selected elements from the report.
Other remove methods: