A snapshot is static image of a dashboard, chart, or report.
A Snapshot is a saved copy of a report at a particular point in time. You can snapshot matrix and model reports in HTML, Excel, and PDF formats. This option lets you archive a report so that any report data, including annotations is unaffected by structural changes in your instance.
Create a Snapshot of a Report
The Include all levels option is available when a report has level as a parameter and you have access to multiple levels. Checking this option allows you to capture a snapshot of the entire organization structure. You can view the data and annotations for any levels to which you have access. By default, a snapshot only saves the data that currently displays in the report.
If you are creating a snapshot of an HTML report that has a parameterized level and you have access to multiple levels, you will see the Include all levels: option.
By default, creating a snapshot only saves the data that is currently presented in the report. Checking this option allows you to capture a snapshot of the entire organization structure so that you can view the data and annotations for any levels to which you have access.
To create a snapshot:
- From the Personal or Shared Reports folder, right-click a report and select the Create Snapshot.
When viewing an HTML report, you will see the Save As Snapshot in the toolbar and you can create the Snapshot report by clicking this button as well. When you do this the Save As Snapshot dialog will appear.
- In Name, specify the name for the snapshot report. By default, the name of the report you are copying is populated in this field and you can update it. The name that you specify here appears in the Report Details Panel.
- Optional. In Description, describe the snapshot. This text appears as the hover text for the report in the Report Details Panel.
- In Default Output, specify the type of snapshot report you are creating. The Excel Template option is available only if there is a template attached to the report you are copying). For a report book snapshot, the only output available is a ZIP file.
- Select to save the snapshot as a personal or shared report and specify the location.
- If you are saving the snapshot as a shared report:
- Select from available user groups, specific users, or levels as recipients.
- Specify if you want to only share with users who have Salary Detail access.