You can send a notification for a shared report of any type to users, user groups, and levels. The notification includes a link to the report. When a recipient selects the report link, Adaptive Planning prompts them to log in and logs out of any active sessions.
Before You Begin
Verify the following:
- The report is saved to the Shared Reports folder.
- Required permission: Send Notifications. See Create, Edit, or Delete Roles.
- Valid email IDs for the recipients are available on the Edit User page.
- Any personal or user groups are available for use as recipients.
If your Adaptive Planning instance is set up for Workday User Sync and Workday Notifications, you can then receive a notification from Workday for shared reports. See Enable Features After User Sync in the Workday Admin Guide.
To send a report notification:
- Select a report from the Shared Reports folder.
- In the report viewer, select Send Notification from the tool bar.
- In the To field, select the recipients for the shared report:
- Available Groups. Personal and user groups set up by the administrator.
- Available Users. All users in the current instance.
- Available Levels. All levels to which you have access and any parents and ancestors of these levels.
To select non-adjacent recipients from the list, press down the CTRL key, and then select the recipients. To select a range, select the first recipient in the range, press down the Shift key, and then select the last recipient in the range.
- In the Cc field, select any recipients that you want to copy.
- If necessary, modify the default subject. The field is pre-populated with Workday Adaptive Planning Report: Name of Report
- If necessary, modify the default message.
- Select the Send a copy to myself check box to receive a copy of the notification you are sending.
- Select Send.