Question: Why is the OfficeConnect task pane not sizing or displaying correctly?
If a user has multiple monitors, the OfficeConnect task pane could display incorrectly due to settings within Excel. In some displays, the elements task pane shows black sections.
- Either the user does not see the arrow, or end of the task pane
- The user sees two task panes in one
- The task page shows black sections
1. Open Excel
2. Navigate to File> Options> General and change the Excel setting to "Optimize for compatibility” instead of “Optimize for best appearance”
3. Close and then restart Excel