Contains preview content for the upcoming 2019.3 release.
If Adaptive Insights is Workday and user sync enabled, the Workday security administrator can enable OfficeConnect. Users can then log in to either OfficeConnect or Excel Interface for Planning using their Workday credentials.
Users can log in to OfficeConnect with Workday credentials in one of the following ways:
- For new implementations, the IT administrator installs OfficeConnect and includes the Workday login settings. See Install OfficeConnect with Workday Login Settings in this article.
- For new or existing implementations, the IT administrator configures the OfficeConnect installation with Workday login settings. See Configure OfficeConnect with Workday Login Settings in this article.
- For new or existing implementations, the user manually enters the Workday settings when logging in to OfficeConnect. See Log In to OfficeConnect and Enter Workday Login Settings in this article.
The Workday login settings are shared by both OfficeConnect and Excel Interface for Planning. After you configure these settings for one of the applications, both applications use them. For example, if you configure the Workday login settings for OfficeConnect, then you can also log into Excel Interface for Planning using the Workday credentials. However, you must enable OfficeConnect in Workday. This is required regardless of whether you are using Excel Interface for Planning as standalone or with OfficeConnect.
Before You Begin
As the IT administrator, complete the following requirements:
- Download and install the latest versions of OfficeConnect and Excel Interface for Planning. See Product Downloads. For existing implementations, verify that users download and install the latest versions of the applications.
- Verify that the Workday security administrator has completed the following setup:
User Sign-On and user sync is enabled with Adaptive Insights.
User sync is complete.
OfficeConnect is enabled.
- Obtain the following OfficeConnect Setup Client settings from the Workday security administrator:
- Client ID
- Workday REST API Endpoint
- Authorization Endpoint
Install OfficeConnect with Workday Login Settings
This procedure applies to new implementations where the I.T. administrator installs OfficeConnect and includes the Workday login settings. I.T. administrators can deploy OfficeConnect remotely using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager or other IT deployment software.
Complete only one of the following tasks to install OfficeConnect with the Workday login settings:
- Run the installation and specify the Workday settings. For example:
OfficeConnectSetup.exe /quiet WORKDAYAUTHORIZATIONURL=https://example.myworkday.com/tenant/authorize WORKDAYRESTAPIURL=https://example.myworkday.com/ccx/api/v1/tenant WORKDAYCLIENTID=Njk0MjQwMGYtMTYxYy00YzEwLWFjZGQtNTBlN2I4YzNiYjU2
- Create a .config file with the Workday settings. Next, run the installation with the .config file you created. For example:
<connections> <connection> <WorkdayAuthorizationUrl>https://example.myworkday.com/tenant/authorize</WorkdayAuthorizationUrl> <WorkdayRestApiUrl>https://example.myworkday.com/ccx/api/v1/tenant</WorkdayRestApiUrl> <WorkdayClientId>Njk0MjQwMGYtMTYxYy00YzEwLWFjZGQtNTBlN2I4YzNiYjU2</WorkdayClientId> </connection> </connections>
OfficeConnectSetup.exe /quiet CONNECTIONCONFIG=c:\temp\connection.config
After successful configuration, when the user logs in to OfficeConnect, they always sees the Workday login window. They sign in using their Workday credentials.
Configure OfficeConnect with Workday Login Settings
This procedure applies to new or existing implementations where the IT administrator deploys the Workday login settings to OfficeConnect users. They can deploy the settings to the registry using group policy, script, or deployment software.
To update the settings for a specific user, deploy the registry entries to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER. To update the settings for all users on a computer, deploy the registry entries to
The registry entry names are case sensitive. For an example of the registry entries with the Workday login settings, see Registry Sample below. Hover over the top-right corner of the sample script to view source or print.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adaptive Insights\Connections] "LastUpdated"="2019-09-28T15:10:20" [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adaptive Insights\Connections\default] "WorkdayAuthorizationUrl"="https://example.myworkday.com/tenant/authorize" "WorkdayRestApiUrl"="https://example.myworkday.com/ccx/api/v1/tenant" "WorkdayClientId"="Njk0MjQwMGYtMTYxYy00YzEwLWFjZGQtNTBlN2I4YzNiYjU2"
- In the registry, update the following values provided by your Workday security administrator.
- In the registry, update the LastUpdated value to the current Universal Time Coordinate date and time.
- To change the login settings for users in the future, deploy new settings and update the LastUpdated value.
OfficeConnect applies the new settings only when the LastUpdated value is later than its existing configuration date.
After successful update of the registry, when users log in to OfficeConnect, they always sees the Workday login window. They sign in using their Workday credentials.
Log In to OfficeConnect and Enter Workday Login Settings
This procedure applies to new or existing implementations where either the user installs OfficeConnect or it is already installed. The login settings were not provided during installation, so the user manually enters these settings.
- From the Workday security administrator, obtain the client ID, authorization URL, and API URL for the OfficeConnect API client in Workday.
- Log in to OfficeConnect. The Adaptive Insights Log In window appears.
- Click Log In with Workday link at the bottom. The Change Tenant window appears.
- Enter the following settings provided by your IT or Workday administrator:
- Client ID
- API endpoint URL
- Authorization endpoint URL
The settings save after the first successful login. You'll always see the Workday login window for OfficeConnect after the first successful login.
To switch between your sandbox and production instances, use the Change Tenant option.
- Before changing tenants, verify the prerequisites are complete and obtain the following information for the new tenant. See Complete the Prerequisites in this article.
- Client ID
- API Endpoint URL
- Authorization Endpoint URL
- On the Workday Log In window, click Change Tenant.
- Overwrite the existing tenant information with the new tenant ID and URLs from your Workday administrator.
Log In to OfficeConnect from an Instance that is Not Workday-Enabled
You may have an Adaptive Insights instance that isn't Workday-enabled. For example, your organization can use a sandbox Adaptive Insights instance that is Workday-enabled and a production Adaptive Insights instance that is not yet Workday-enabled. You can continue to log in to OfficeConnect using the production instance with your Adaptive Insights credentials.
Depending on your last successful login, you may see the Workday or Adaptive Insights Log In window:
- If you see the Workday Log In window, click the Log in with Adaptive Insights link at the bottom. This logs you in to an instance that is not Workday-enabled.
- If you see the Adaptive Insights Log In window, click the Log in with Workday link at the bottom. This logs you in to an instance that is Workday-enabled.