Only available with Adaptive Insights for Sales
A text in a dashboard can provide guided assistance, usage notes, or general information or notes about visualizations displayed on the dashboard.
The text in a Text chart remains static and does not vary based on perspective context or time changes.
- Click Edit to put your dashboard in edit mode.
- On the left panel, click to choose a chart. Drag and drop Text Chart from the Charts in the left panel into the dashboard.
- Give the text chart a name in Appearance Settings .
- Click Data Settings and enter your plain, HTML or markdown formatted text in the Content area.
- Click Done .
The following text formatting can be set in a text chart with HTML or markdown:
- Bold, italic, underline
- Font family
- bulleted and numbered lists
Example HTML for a text chart.
<h5>SEGMENTS</h5> <p>Market segmentation analysis. Shows distribution of TAM and corresponding scores across segments.</p>
Example markdown for a text chart.
##### SEGMENTS Market segmentation analysis. Shows distribution of TAM and corresponding scores across segments.
Below is a screenshot showing 1 a text chart in edit mode with its corresponding 2 markdown formatting in the data settings content area.