With this feature, you can upload a file from your desktop into a report folder in the Reports Menu. You can upload ExcelTM spreadsheets, PDF files, Word documents, PowerPoint presentations, and more, making your Adaptive Insights instance a document repository for documents related to your financial processes. You can share these uploaded files with other users and the same security features that apply to non-static reports can be assigned to the static report files.
Permission Required: Upload Files
Upload a Static File
When uploading a static report file, you can specify the levels at which each static file is available and whether or not users have to have Salary Detail permission to see the report.
When you select the Upload File option in the New Report menu, the Upload File dialog will pop up. The following describes the steps that you must complete to upload the file:
- Click the Browse... button next to the File: field to locate the file you want to upload.
- Once you locate the file you want to upload, select the file and select Open. The file path for the file you selected will populate in the File: field and the name of the file will populate in the Name: field.
- Update the Name: field to reflect how you want the report to be identified in the reports menu. This step is optional.
- Add a description for the file you are uploading. This field is optional and the text that you enter here will appear as a tool tip when you hover over the report in the reports menu.
- In the Save as: field, select one of the options to save the report as a Personal or Shared Report. If you have created additional folders in your Shared and/or Personal folders, you can choose the folder in which you want to save your report.
- If you choose to save the file as a Shared Report, select whether you want to share it with All Users or Selected Levels and whether you want to make the file available to all users in the levels you specified or only to those users with Salary Detail access.
- Click the Upload button. The file will now appear in the report details panel with the other existing reports.
View a Static Report
You can view a static report in two ways:
- Right-click the report in the report details panel and in the report context menu select Open.
- Click the report name in the report details panel.