When you run a report in HTML mode, the result appears in the Report Viewer. You can view the report, add annotations, modify it, export the report to Excel or PDF, drill down into dimensions to see additional details, change its parameter values, and click values in the report to launch the Cell Explorer.
Supported Report Type: Matrix Report
Report Viewer Toolbar
- Back returns you to the pre-drilled state of the report.
- Save provides an opportunity to save the report. This is convenient if changes were made in the Report Builder, but the report was not saved before it was run.
- Save As provides an opportunity to save the report under a different name.
- Save As Snapshot provides an opportunity to save the report as a Snapshot report, a saved copy of a report at a particular point in time.
- Modify Report returns to the Report Builder, with the current report loaded.
- Printable View displays the report in ExcelTM.
- Export has a pull-down arrow, providing the choice to export to ExcelTM, PDF, or Template (if one is associated with this report)
- Show Chart/Show Report takes you to a chart if one is attached to this report or to the report data if the report is currently displayed as a chart (this button only appears when a chart is attached to the report).
- Email Report provides a way to send a report link via email directly from the report menu. This button only appears for users with the Email Reports permission who have a valid email address themselves.
- Freeze/Unfreeze Headers allows you to freeze (or unfreeze) headers. Frozen headers stay in place when the report is scrolled.The lock on the icon will appear closed when headers are frozen, and open when they are not.
- Show Information offers the choice to show or hide certain information about the report and its specifications.
Report Drill Down
with a report drill-down, you can open and close rollup items in the report viewer by clicking the plus or minus sign next an element in the rows axis of the report.
A row without a plus or minus sign cannot be opened further and will appear as a link. Click this link choose a dimension from the Drill Into Menu. Dimensions include accounts, levels, custom dimensions such as product or region, or time – that are not included in the rows or columns axes of the report. Choosing one of these drill-downs, such as level, takes you to a new browser window, which displays the underlying level detail for the selected account.
When you are done viewing the drill-down information, click the Reports link in the breadcrumb at the top of the page or return to the main Reports page.
When a matrix report is enable for exploring, you can click the numbers on the report to launch the Cell Explorer in a separate browser window. Exploring cells is available for GL accounts, Custom accounts, Modeled accounts, Metric accounts, Assumptions, and Cube accounts, but is not available for report calculations.
To enable a report for exploring:
- Modify the report and select the Properties button in the toolbar.
- From the Report Properties dialog box, select the Settings tab.
- Select the Make Report Explorable (HTML reports only) option.
- Save the report.
If a report contains parameters, the parameters will appear as drop-down lists at the top of the report in the Matrix Report Viewer. You can change the filtering of the report by making different selections in the parameter drop-down list/lists. Here is a description of the buttons that appear next to the drop-downs:
Once you have selected new values for the parameters on the report, click this button for the report to re-run with the updated values.
Resets the parameter controls to their initial values
Prompting parameters are optionally specified when a report is created. If a report contains a prompting parameter, running the report will first show you the Specify Report Parameter screen, which displays all prompting parameters. Two buttons are present at the bottom of this screen:
- Run Report: Clicking this button runs the report based on the selections in the prompting parameters on this screen.
- Show More Parameters: Clicking this button displays all parameters, including non-prompting parameters, associated with the report.
You can choose to save a parameterized report using either the Save or the Save As buttons in the toolbar section in the viewer. Using the Save button will save the report with the current parameter choices as the initial selection for the parameters. Any existing prompting parameters will remain as prompting parameters.
Using the Save As button to save the report will show the Save As dialog where you can select a new name and location for the report, along with an additional check box to remove prompting. If you choose to remove prompting by checking the check box, all existing prompting parameters will be made non-prompting. The current parameter choices will be saved as the initial selection for the parameters.
Charts with Parameters
Parameterized reports that have charts enabled have the same parameter section in the Report Viewer as the non-chart HTML reports. The functionality for the parameters in the chart viewer is the same as described above for HTML reports.
Annotations enable collaborative explanations, comments and questions within matrix reports. They are comments added to describe the specific values and data that appear on a report and can refer to a report in total or to specific lines in a report. Notes can be added as threaded comments or as final variance explanations. Report annotations may be viewed and exported within the body of the report or as footnotes. See Adding, Viewing, and Deleting Report Annotations for more information.