How do I know what currency is showing in my report?
1. When no level is included on the report, values will show in the Corporate Currency (currency assigned to the top level).
2. When multiple levels with different currencies are placed on the report, values will show in the Corporate Currency.
3. When child levels all in the same currency are placed on the report, values will show in those levels’ currency.
4. When parent levels are placed on the report that roll up child levels all in the same currency, and the parent level is the same currency as well, values will show in those levels’ currency.
5. When parent levels are placed on the report that roll up child levels in different currencies, or the parent level is a different currency than the children values will show in the Corporate Currency.
You can include a currency element on the report, and create this as a parameter as needed, to display the data in various different currencies. Please note that currency rates exist in the system based on the natural conversions in your level structure. For example, if there is a child level in USD and a parent in CAD, from Admin>Enter Currency Exchange Rates, there will show available conversions for CAD/USD and USD/CAD. If there is a level in USD rolling up data from GBP levels, there will exist USD/GBP and GBP/USD rates. If there is no interaction between GBP and CAD in the system (meaning no child/parent relationships between the two) there would not exist GBP/USD rates. For the ability to add currency pairs that would not exist naturally in your level structure, if you would like to see these currency conversions for reporting purposes, you can go to Admin>Manage Currencies>“Edit” next to a currency and check the Create default reporting rates box.