You can use a context query item to specify an amount context to financial data. Examples include beginning balance, and year-to-date (YTD). Applying a context query can help you see these types of contextual values on your income statements, balance sheets, and other reports.
Add a Context
To add a context to your report:
- Open the OfficeConnect report to which you’ve already applied accounts and time queries.
- Select the columns or rows to which you want to add an amount context.
If you want the context to apply to the entire report, select all columns.
- Click the Query tab and click the Contexts button.
The Contexts pane appears.
- Click the context you want and drag it to the selected columns or rows in the grid.
Or, on the Query pane toolbar, click the Apply To Selected Cell(s) button.
- Click Refresh from the OfficeConnect tab > Design group,.
Your report data is updated to reflect the addition of the context query.
- If you want to review the context metadata on a column, select the column. From the Reporting pane, click the Review tab.
The context appears in the Review pane as Context = Duration, Context = Beginning Balance, or Context = YTD.
You can apply an Adaptive label available to contexts in the Gird or from Review pane.
Remove a Context
If you want to append, replace, or delete a context query, you can use many of the same techniques described in Adding, Changing, or Removing a Query.
Another method for removing a context is to use the Calendar Assistant.
To remove a context using the Calendar Assistant:
- Select the row, column, or cell that contains the context query you want to delete.
- Click Toolbox from the OfficeConnect tab > Design group. Click Calendars.
The Calendar Assistant dialog box appears. The applied context appears in the Amount Context column.
Click the X in the row containing the context you want to remove.
The context row is deleted.
Click Refresh from the OfficeConnect tab > Design group, .