Cut or Copy and Paste Elements
You can move or copy a single element or adjacent element cells, rows, or columns and paste them to one or more locations on the worksheet or in the workbook.
You can cut or copy:
- Cells and paste them as cells, rows, or columns.
- Rows and paste them as rows or columns.
- Columns and paste them as columns or rows.
To cut or copy and paste:
- Select the cells, rows, or columns to cut or copy.
- Use any of the following methods to cut, copy, and paste:
- From the ribbon: Click Cut or Copy from the Element group in the OfficeConnect tab.
- From the context menu: Right-click on the selections and select OfficeConnect > Cut or Copy from the context menu.
- Short-cut keys:
- Cut: Ctrl + Alt + x
- Copy: Ctrl + Alt + c
- Paste: Ctrl + Alt + v
- Navigate to the destination and paste using your preferred method.
Append an Element
You can add another element to an existing element in the report.
- Select the row, column, or cell that contains the element to which you want to append another element.
- Click the Element tab from the Reporting pane.
- Drag the element you want to append to the selected area in the grid.
An alert appears prompting you to replace or append the design element, or to cancel the operation.
- Click Append.
The label doesn’t change yet. The element is appended.
- To show the appended element, click the Review tab from the Reporting pane.
- If necessary, click the row, column, or cell where you just appended the element.
- ClickRefresh from the Design group in the OfficeConnect tab.
The report data updates to reflect the new element appended to the grid. If you have an Adaptive label applied for the element, the label is updated to show the added element. See Adding an Adaptive Label for more information about labels.
Click Cancel if you don’t want to replace or append the element.
Replace an Element
You can replace an element in the report with another element.
- Select the row, column, or cell that contains the element you want to replace.
- From Elements tab in the Reporting pane, drag the element to append to the selected area in the grid.
A message appears letting you know that design elements of the same type exist in the selected area.
- Click Replace.
- Click Refresh from the Design group in OfficeConnect tab.
Report data updates to reflect the new element. If you have an Adaptive label applied to the grid, the label is also updated. See Adding an Adaptive Label to a Report for more information about labels.
Delete an Element
Note: The Excel Undo command is not supported for OfficeConnect functions and keystrokes. You can reverse native Excel functions as long as they are not associated with any Adaptive Planning data or labels.
- Use Excel functions to delete a row or column.
When you delete an entire row or column, any elements applied to that row or column are also deleted. The remaining metadata shifts accordingly.
- Select the row, column, or cell that contains the element you want to delete. From the Reporting pane, click the Review tab. Right-click the element in the Review tab, and then click Delete. This action removes the element, but leaves the now-empty row or column in the grid. Refresh the report.
- Select the row, column, or cell that contains the elements you want to delete. Select multiple nonadjacent items in the grid by holding down the Ctrl key. Right-click the selection, and click Clear Design Elements on the shortcut menu. This method is useful when you want to delete all metadata applied to multiple rows, columns, or cells in a single operation. Refresh the report. This action removes the metadata from the selected area. The rows or columns are retained in the grid.
When you start OfficeConnect, the latest set of design elements are pulled from your connected Adaptive Planning instance. If you know another design element has been added, you can refresh your design elements without having to restart OfficeConnect.
Update Design Elements in OfficeConnect
- Click Update Elements from the Elements tab in the Reporting pane.
- Review the items available for any new items.
The following shows how to remove multiple elements by selecting the elements and clicking Clear Design Elements from the OfficeConnectcontext menu: