For OfficeConnect to retrieve data from your Adaptive Planning instance, your report must reflect an intersection of account, time, level, and version.
For example, if you have accounts on your rows but no time periods, no results appear when you refresh the report. Even though you might not explicitly apply a version (of the account, like budget, actuals, forecasts, and so on), a default version is always applied to the workbook as a whole.
If no level is specified, the highest level you have access to is the default applied to the report. You can override the default version by applying a different default at the column level.
See Applying a Version Element for more information about versions.
You can review the details about the elements (or metadata) that you’ve applied to your report by examining the Review tab from the Reporting pane.
This is useful if you’ve applied the same type of element (for example, an account element) to a row, a column, and a cell. If the information conflicts, the following priorities apply:
- Metadata in a cell overrides metadata in the row
- Metadata in the row overrides metadata in the column
- Metadata in the column overrides metadata in the worksheet
- Metadata in the worksheet overrides metadata in the workbook
You can see which element has taken precedence by examining the Review pane. The Review pane shows all elements applied to the selected cells, rows, columns, and the workbook as a whole. The Net section of the Review pane shows which elements have top priority.
To review details about applied elements:
- Select the row, column, or cell you want to examine.
- Click the Review/strong> tab from the Reporting pane. The Review pane displays details of the selected item in the grid.
The following sections may be displayed in the Review pane:
- Net: Shows the net result of all metadata applied to the selected item in the grid.
- Cell: Shows the characteristics of metadata applied to the selected cell.
- Row: Shows the characteristics of metadata applied to the selected row.
- Column: Shows the characteristics of metadata applied to the selected column.
- Worksheet: Shows the characteristics of metadata selected in the Filter tab and applied to the entire worksheet.
- Workbook: Shows the characteristics of elements, many of them applied by default, to the entire workbook.
- Click another row, column, or cell in the grid to review its metadata details.
The Review pane updates according to the current item selected in the grid.
You can delete account, organization level, version, currency or attribute elements applied to a single row, column, or cell as you review the metadata on the Review pane. Right-click an account and click Delete to remove account details.
If you’ve applied multiple elements to a single row, column, or cell, you can see them all on the Review pane. Each element is listed individually on the region to which it was applied.