Design Report Fields that Display in a Report
These steps show you how to add elements to the Excel grid.
To add elements to row headings in the grid:
- In the grid, select two rows (by dragging across the numbered row headings) where you want the account or other element to be located.
Selecting two rows indicates that more than one element will be added in that area. OfficeConnect uses as many rows as needed. You can also select a single row, a single cell, or multiple cells.
- From Elements tab in the Reporting pane, select the accounts or other information you want to apply to the selected row area.
- Click the plus (+) signs to expand accounts as necessary.
To select multiple adjacent items, click the first item, hold down the Shift key, click the last item, and then release the Shift key. All items between the first and last are selected:
- To select multiple nonadjacent items, click the first item, hold down the Ctrl key, and then click all the other items you want. When finished, release the Ctrl key. All the clicked items are selected.
- Drag your selection from Reporting pane and drop them anywhere in the selected rows.
Alternatively, click the Apply To Selected Cell(s) from the Elements tab.
The data headings appear in column A - starting with the first two selected rows and flowing down from that point.
- Double-click in the heading between columns A and B to widen column A to fit the longest account name.
Tip: If you select a single row in the grid and then drag and drop multiple elements to that row, those elements are collected and reported in aggregate in that single row. In such a case, Adaptive recommends renaming the row heading to clarify its behavior.
To add time periods to column headings in the grid:
- In the grid, select two columns (by dragging across the lettered column headings) where you want the time periods to be located.
Selecting two columns indicates that more than one item is to be added in that area. OfficeConnect uses as many columns as needed.
You can also select a single column, a single cell, or multiple cells.
- From Elements tab in the Reporting pane, expand the Time element and choose time periods that you want to show in your report. Click the plus (+) signs to expand time periods as necessary or Shift or Ctrl key to select multiple items. Drag your date selections of dates from the Reporting pane and drop them anywhere in the selected columns.
Example: Choose all fiscal quarters for 2016 and drag them to the selected grid area.
Note: If you select a single column in the grid and then drag and drop multiple time periods to that columns, the information for those time periods is collected and reported in aggregate in that single column. In such a case, it’s usually a good idea to rename the column heading.
If you see one of the following messages, you’ve selected a cell or group of cells, rather than a row or column, and then dragged the element onto the grid. This hint or alert lets you change your mind and apply the element to the associated row or column instead.
The order in which you select or drag elements does not affect the report design or data generation.