There are three main sections of OfficeConnect for Excel: 1 OfficeConnect Tab on the Excel Ribbon, 2 Reporting Pane, 3 Excel Worksheet.
You can also use the right-click menus to accomplish various tasks depending on where you are in the interface.
OfficeConnect Tab on the Excel Ribbon
1 Find all the tools to format and design your OfficeConnect report:
- Manage your user settings and workbook properties.
- Design and manage the view of your report.
- Refresh and secure data.
- Explore cells to drill in to the data.
- Apply filters.
Notice that you also have all the typical Excel tabs, with all Excel's functionality.
2 Find all the elements to build a report:
- Elements tab: Expand the Elements menus to drag and drop elements to rows, columns, and cells.
- Filters tab: Add filters and disable or enable them to show variations of data in the reports.
- Review tab: Check the defaults and applied elements of a row, column or cell.
Hide or Move the Reporting Pane
From the OfficeConnect tab:
- Uncheck Builder to hide the Reporting pane.
- Uncheck Review and Filters to hide the Review and Filter tabs in the Reporting Pane.
To undock the Reporting pane, click on upper right corner of the Reporting pane and select Move. Drop it anywhere on your screen, or hover at the top, bottom, left, or right of the worksheet until it docks.
Can't find your undocked Planning pane? Check mark Builder from the OfficeConnect ribbon again (even if it is already checked). Your Reporting pane will appear.
3 View data from Adaptive:
- Drop element to create reports and display the data of your report.
- Drill in to data to understand sources.
- Use Excel functions to create charts and calculations.
If you have installed Excel Interface for Planning, a Planning tab will appear next to the OfficeConnect tab. You can switch between the Reporting pane and Planning pane.