Cut or Copy and Paste Elements
You have several options available to cut, copy and paste elements:
- Select the cells, the entire row, or the entire column of the element to move.
- Use your preferred method to cut or copy:
OfficeConnect Ribbon Tab
Use the functions in the OfficeConnect tab, not the Home tab.
Right click on the cell, row or column and select OfficeConnect > Cut Elements or Copy Elements and then Paste Elements.
- Cut: Shift + Ctrl + Alt + x
- Copy: Shift + Ctrl + Alt + c
- Paste: Shift + Ctrl + Alt + v
- Highlight the entire destination cell, row, or column for the element.
- Use your preferred method to paste (see #2).
Where to Copy/Cut and Paste
The table shows from where you can cut and copy and to where you can paste:
|Cut or Copy:||Paste Into:|
|Cells||Cells, rows or columns|
|Rows||Rows or columns|
|Columns||Rows or columns|
Append or Replace an Element
When you drag and drop an element into one or more cells, rows, or columns that already have elements, you can:
- Append the element: add the new element to the existing ones. For example, add a Payroll Expenses account to a row that already has the Benefit Expenses account. The report shows the sum of the two accounts in the corresponding cells.
- Replace the element: remove the existing elements and replace it with the new one. For example, replace the Benefit Expenses with the Payroll Expenses account and the report shows only the Benefit Expenses.
Unless you have already added a label to the header row or column, the header doesn't change when you append an element even though the data changes. You can add the label and it will reflect both elements.
To append or replace an element:
- Select the row, column, or cell that contains the element to which you want to append another element.
- Click the Element tab from the Reporting pane.
- Drag the element into the worksheet.
- Click Append or Replace in the pop up:
- Refresh the report to see your changes.
Delete an Element
You have several options available to delete elements.
- Always select the cells, the entire row, or the entire column.
- For a row or column, you must select the entire row or column to delete the element.
- For a cell, only elements applied to that particular cell are deleted. The row and column elements remain.
- For a cell, if you delete the row and/or column elements, elements applied solely to the cell remain.
- Use your preferred method for deletion:
Use Excel functions from the right-click menu or the Home tab in the ribbon.
In the Reporting Pane's Review tab, right-click on the element to delete and select Delete.
Right-click the selection, and select Clear Design Elements.
This method is useful when you want to delete all metadata applied to multiple rows, columns, or cells in a single operation. Refresh the report.
- If your report headers did not have labels, delete default headers to remove them from the report.
- Refresh the report.
Overwrite Element Data
If you want to overwrite the data displayed in a cell without removing the element in the corresponding row or column, enter an Excel formula directly into the cell. When you refresh, the report retains your formula and does not reconfigure the value based on the Adaptive Planning data.
Update Design Elements in OfficeConnect
- Click Update Elements from the Elements tab in the Reporting pane.
- Review the items available for any new items.