A cell note is a user-generated note that can be attached to a single cell on a sheet. Cell notes appear as a red triangle in the upper-right corner of a cell. Cell notes are separate from sheet notes, workflow level notes, and report annotations.
To add or update cell notes:
- Right-click the cell and select Add Note or Edit Note..
- Enter the note and click OK.
- To delete a cell note, right-click the cell and select Remove Note.
- When you've finished making changes to cell notes, Save the sheet.
In general, cell notes can be attached to almost any cell except for these cases:
- The data in the current version or level is locked and prevents cell notes.
- The cell is not a standard data cell (for example, the header cell of a column).