Use the search functions in Adaptive Insights sheets:
- Filter or search the entire sheet by keywords or numbers.
- Find drop-down values in modeled and standard sheets.
- Find versions in the version drop-down.
- Find dimension values in cube sheets.
Before You Begin
How You Get There
Search or Filter the Entire Sheet
Use Keyword Searches
Works on standard and cube sheets.
Find any match on the sheet in row headers, or in cells. It does not find column headers or values in drop-downs that haven't been selected.
- In the search field, enter any word, portion of a word, or any number.
- Click the magnifying glass or press enter.
- Click the up and down arrows to go to the next match.
Use Keyword Filters
Modeled sheets have a keyword filter instead of a search. See Filter Sheets.
Search Model and Standard Sheet Drop-Down Menus
Works on modeled and standard sheets.
For the 1 drop-down in the toolbar and 2 any cell drop-down:
- Click the drop-down arrow.
- Enter any word or portion of a word and click the magnifying glass.
- The search tab shows all the matching results. Click one to select it.
Works for all sheets.
- Click the version drop-down arrow:
- Enter any word or portion of a word.
- Click the magnifying glass to find a match and click it again to find the next match.
Search Cube Sheet Dimensions
Cube sheet dimensions may be on the sheet (in rows or columns) or they can be lined up as filters.
- To find dimension values listed in rows, use the search field in the toolbar (see above).
- To find dimension values within dimension filters, click the drop-down arrow of the dimension filter and follow the steps in Search Versions (above).
- The search functions don't find column headers.