With Discovery permissions, create charts from your standard sheets and save the chart to your Discovery dashboard. In standard sheets, you can only build Discovery charts with the data in the sheet. Go to Discovery to build charts with other data. Check out theDiscovery articles to fully understand chart types and time settings.
Before You Begin
- You need Discovery permissions: Access Discovery > Visualize Data from Modeling Engine and Edit Personal Discovery Dashboards.
How You Get There
Interface Tour of Discovery in Sheets
1 Select the cells from the sheet. This data displays in chart-form when you click Chart from the sheet toolbar.
2 Chart name: Edit the chart name.
3 Chart options:
|Select chart type.|
|See the chart in full screen.|
|Save to Discovery Classic.|
|Save to Discovery.|
4 Time settings.
5 Versions and accounts: Add more accounts and versions to the chart.
Create Discovery Charts in Sheets
- Select the cells for the chart.
- Click Chart . You see the chart to the right of the sheet.
- Change the name of the chart.
- Click Chart Options to change the type of chart and chart detail level.
- Adjust the time settings to view the data. See Discovery time settings for each type of chart. Most charts allow you to:
- Choose to show a single period or a range.
- Choose the date for single period or the start and end date of a range.
- Choose time period (month, quarter, year) depending on your instance's calendar configuration.
- You can add versions and accounts to display more data.
- Save the chart.