New to currencies? See Concept: Currencies.
Required permissions: Access Model Management > Currencies.
From the nav menu, go to Modeling > Model Management > Currencies.
You can create two different types of currencies: standard currencies, or user defined currencies, which lets you define the currency however you like.
- From the Currencies section, select:
- Add Standard Currency and choose from the list of standard currencies. You can start typing the name of the country or the full name of the currency into the search field to find it. Don't search by abbreviation.
- Add User Defined Currency to create your own currency. Enter a Currency Name and a Currency Code.
Currency codes requirements: alpha-numeric, no spaces, no special characters, and 4-8 characters long.
- From the Decimal places dropdown, select the amount of decimal places you want the currency to show in your model.
- As an option, select Create default reporting rates.
When this box is checked, the system creates direct exchange rates between the new currency and all other active currencies in the system. See Default Reporting Rates.
The rate for user defined currencies is blank for actual versions, and 1 for planning versions until you change it. To enter exchange rates, go to Modeling > Model Management > Exchange Rates.
- Select the Edit link next to currency.
- For standard currencies, you can change the decimal places and choose the default reporting rate option.
- For user defined currencies, you can also change the currency name.
- If the currency is in use, go to Modeling > Model Management and select Levels to change the currency assigned to a level. Setting a currency for a parent level applies that currency to all sub-levels.
- Go to Modeling > Model Management and select Currencies.
- Select Delete next to the currency you want to delete. You can't delete a currency if a level uses it as a Publish Currency for Publish Financial Plan.