When you clone a modeled sheet, you create a copy of an existing modeled sheet. Cloning a sheet copies columns, dimensions, lookups, sheet settings, and all the accounts, including names and codes. The full account code includes the new sheet's prefix.
Before You Begin
- Required permission: Model Management Access > Model.
- An existing modeled sheet to clone.
- New to modeled sheets? See Modeled Sheet Overview to get started.
How You Get There
From the nav menu, select Modeling. In the Sheets menu, select User Assigned Sheets or Level Assigned Sheets to view the list of sheets in your model.
Clone Modeled Sheets
- From the sheet list, select the New Sheet button.
- Enter a unique sheet name for your instance
- Select Create new sheet and select Modeled from the drop-down next to the Create New Sheet radio button. Do not select any of the templates from the drop-down next to this.
- Add an account code prefix for all the modeled accounts of the sheet.
- Select the Clone existing sheet radio button. All your existing modeled sheets appear in the drop-down.
- Select the sheet you want to clone.
- Select Next.
If you want to make minor edits to the columns or accounts, see Build a Modeled Sheet from Scratch for details.