Unlike dimensions, you can delete an attribute if it's in use. It won't affect your data. When you delete an attribute, you delete all its attribute values. This removes the tags from the dimensions.
Before You Begin
How You Get There
From the nav menu, go to Modeling. Select Level Attributes, Dimension Attributes or Account Attributes. Use the first drop-down in the toolbar to get to the different kinds of attributes.
Delete Attributes or Attribute Values
- You may need to update formulas that reference the attribute or its values. You may also need to update reports and charts that use the attribute or its values.You may also need to update reports and charts that use the attribute or its values.
- Select the attribute or attribute value you want to delete.
- Click View Dependencies in the details panel and take note of where your model references the attribute. You may need to update these areas after you delete the attribute or its values.
- From the toolbar, click Delete.
What Happens to Data
When you delete attribute values, but don't delete the attribute:
- If the value has a parent value, the parent value replaces it.
- If the value has no parent value, the Uncategorized value replaces it.
- You don't need to update data. If necessary, you only need to update the attribute tags for the dimensions in Modeling.