Audience: Administrators who manage the model.
An account is a container that groups actuals or planning information, like expenses, assets, liabilities, sales, and any business metrics.
Use templates to import bulk updates or new general ledger, custom, assumption, and metric accounts.
For bulk updates you can:
- Change the hierarchy: Edit the Rolls Up To column in the template
- Import master formulas to general ledger and custom accounts: Type or paste formulas into the Master Formula column using Adaptive Insights syntax and protocol. See Formulas.
- Any other settings.
To import modeled accounts, import the entire modeled sheets. See Create Modeled Sheets. You can't import cube accounts. See Create Cube Sheets.
Before You Begin
- New to accounts? See Accounts Overview.
- Required permission to import accounts: Model Management > Structure Import permissions.
Reload Entire Structure deletes all the related data in the accounts.
How You Get There
From the nav menu, select Modeling. From the Accounts menu, select: General Ledger Accounts, Custom Accounts, Metric Accounts, or Assumptions.
- Update: Edits existing elements only. You must export the elements first.
- Append: Adds new elements and leaves existing ones as-is. You must use the template.
- Reload Entire Structure: Deletes all existing elements and their data and loads a new structured list. You must use the template.
- Reload Entire Dimensions (for custom dimensions only): Updates only the dimensions in the import, adds new dimensions and values, and leaves any dimensions not in the import as-is. Export the existing structure or use the template.
Reload Entire Structure and Reload Entire Dimensions deletes all the related data.
Add New Accounts (Append) or Replace the Entire Structure
First find and complete the template. Then, upload the completed template.
- Select Import Structure from the toolbar. If you don't see this button, you don't have the Model Management > Import Structure permission.
- From the pop-up window, select the Download template link.
- Complete the template and save the file to your computer.
- The first sheet has instructions on how to use the template.
- The second sheet is the template for you to complete and import.
- Return to the appropriate screen, and click Import Structure from the toolbar. If you don't see this button, you don't have the Model Management > Import Structure permission.
- Select Append to add new elements to the hierarchy list. Don't include any existing elements in the spreadsheet.
- Select Reload Entire Structure to delete your existing elements and replace them with a new structure. This deletes existing elements and their data.
- Click Choose File. Browse your files and select the template spreadsheet. Then select Upload.
Check the hierarchy list to ensure that they uploaded as you expected.
Bulk-Edit Existing Accounts (Update)
To import updates, first export the current structure. Then, import the changes.
- From the toolbar, click Printable View to open the entire structure in Excel.
- Update the existing elements and save. Do not add any elements.
- Return to the appropriate screen, and select Import Structure from the toolbar. If you don't see this button, you don't have the Model Management > Import Structure permission.
- Choose the Update radio button.
- Select Choose File. Then browse to select the saved spreadsheet.
- Select Upload.
Check the updated hierarchy to make sure it has updated as you expected.