Audience: Administrators who manage the model.
- See Concept: Accounts if you're new to accounts.
- Required permissions: Model Management Access > Model.
- Additional permissions: Model Management > Assumptions for assumption accounts or Model Management > Import Structure.
Get to GL, Custom, Metric, and Assumption Accounts
From the nav menu, select Modeling. From the Accounts menu, select: General Ledger Accounts, Custom Accounts, Metric Accounts, or Assumptions.
Use the Account drop-down to switch between general ledger, custom, metric, and assumptions accounts.
Get to Cube and Modeled Accounts
From the nav menu, select Modeling. From the Sheets menu, select either Level-Assigned Sheets or User-Assigned Sheets. Select the Edit link next to the cube or modeled sheet. Select the Cube Accounts link or the Modeled Accounts link.
All the accounts (general ledger, custom, metric, assumption, cube, and modeled) have the same general interface:
Account Hierarchy List
The account list is on the left side of the page:
1 Toolbar: The buttons change based on the account type.
- Add Accounts.
- Add new groups (when available). See Organize Accounts with Groups.
- Move accounts up and down within the list. See Reorganize Account Structure.
- Import and Export Accounts for Bulk Updates (if the account type allows it).
- Delete Accounts.
2 Accounts tab:
- Browse and expand the list.
- Right-click on the list to cut and paste or drag and drop accounts within the account hierarchy. See Reorganize Account Structure.
3 Search tab: Find accounts with keywords.
The Account Detail pane: Manage the account settings of the account you highlight in the account list.
4 Toolbar: Save or cancel changes, and expand or collapse the sections.
5 Reference: Account Settings and Fields: Choose setting to change the account's behavior, data, visibility, and roll up logic. These fields change for each account type.