Audience: Administrators who manage the model.
Levels are the organizational structures of your business. For example, levels represent departments, profit centers, cost centers, or geographical regions.
Use the template to import bulk updates or new levels.
Before You Begin
How You Get There
From the nav menu, select Modeling. From the Levels and Dimension menu, select Levels.
- Update: Edits existing elements only. You must export the elements first.
- Append: Adds new elements and leaves existing ones as-is. You must use the template.
- Reload Entire Structure: Deletes all existing elements and their data and loads a new structured list. You must use the template.
- Reload Entire Dimensions (for custom dimensions only): Updates only the dimensions in the import, adds new dimensions and values, and leaves any dimensions not in the import as-is. Export the existing structure or use the template.
Reload Entire Structure and Reload Entire Dimensions deletes all the related data.
Add Levels (Append) or Reload the Entire Structure
First find and complete the template. Then, upload the completed template.
- Select Import Structure from the toolbar. If you don't see this button, you don't have the Model Management > Import Structure permission.
- From the pop-up window, select the Download template link.
- Complete the template and save the file to your computer.
- The first sheet has instructions on how to use the template.
- The second sheet is the template for you to complete and import.
- Return to the appropriate screen, and click Import Structure from the toolbar. If you don't see this button, you don't have the Model Management > Import Structure permission.
- Select Append to add new elements to the hierarchy list. Don't include any existing elements in the spreadsheet.
- Select Reload Entire Structure to delete your existing elements and replace them with a new structure. This deletes existing elements and their data.
- Click Choose File. Browse your files and select the template spreadsheet. Then select Upload.
Check the hierarchy list to ensure that they uploaded as you expected.
Bulk Edit Existing Levels (Update)
To import updates, first export the current structure. Then, import the changes.
- From the toolbar, click Printable View to open the entire structure in Excel.
- Update the existing elements and save. Do not add any elements.
- Return to the appropriate screen, and select Import Structure from the toolbar. If you don't see this button, you don't have the Model Management > Import Structure permission.
- Choose the Update radio button.
- Select Choose File. Then browse to select the saved spreadsheet.
- Select Upload.
Check the updated hierarchy to make sure it has updated as you expected.