Audit Trail shows the history of user-entered changes for a cell in a sheet. This information helps you answer questions about where and when the data originated, who made the latest changes to the cell, and so on.
The Audit Trail capability tracks changes to:
- All data entered or imported on standard sheets, modeled sheets, cube sheets, and user-assigned sheets.
- All sheet cells in which the user can enter values such as date and text columns on modeled sheets, dimensions, and initial balances.
- Formulas created on the Formulas tab.
- Values or formulas entered in assumptions, including global, cube sheet and modeled sheet assumptions.
- Monthly and spread lookup tables in modeled sheet builders.
- Values or formulas entered on the Locals sheet.
- Cell notes.
- Currency exchange rates.
Audit Trail does not explicitly record and track individual login and logout actions. The User Activity Log records this type of activity. See User Activity Log.
Track Changes Using Audit Trail
By default audit trail is turned off in all versions. When you clone a version, the new version starts with the same audit trail setting as the original version. If the original version has audit trail turned on, you can copy the existing audit trail history when creating the new version. Else, you can start with a fresh, empty audit history in the new version.
You can turn on audit trail for any version including actuals and sub-versions.
- Navigate to Modeling > Versions.
- In Version Details:
- Select Audit Trail to turn it on.
- Uncheck Audit Trail to turn in off.
When you turn off audit trail, all audit trail information for the version is deleted.
View Audit Trail Changes
To query changes tracked through audit trail:
- Navigate to: Reports.
- Select Audit Trail Search from New Report.