Virtual versions are composites of other versions. You can use them for scenario-based planning and constant currency reporting.
Before You Begin
How You Get There
From the nav menu, select Modeling. Then, from the Versions and Time menu, select Versions.
Create Virtual Versions
With virtual versions, you combine versions to support planning and analytics.
- To add the version to a folder, select the plan folder in the version list.
From the toolbar, click Create New Virtual Version.
From the Base Version drop-down, select the version that provides the data.
- Select the Edit link to the right of the Exchange Rates.
- In the pop-up window, select the version that provides the exchange rate. The virtual version applies this rate to the base data.
- If creating a virtual version with rates from a different period:
- Enter the number of time periods, most likely months.
- Select the Forward or Backward radio button to shift the version.
- Select Apply.
Save or cancel.
Drag and drop the new version within folders and subfolders of the Plan list only.
Get the descriptions of all the fields on the Virtual Version Details page.
See Create Constant Currency Reporting with Virtual Versions for a start to finish walkthrough.