The Left Scroll Limit is a plan version setting. It controls how far back in time you can see of the plan version on sheets. You choose the largest period of time in your calendar, most commonly the fiscal year.
Before You Begin
How You Get There
From the nav menu, select Modeling. Then, from the Versions and Time menu, select Versions.
How the Left Scroll Limit Works
If the Left Scroll Limit is FY2014, you can use the display options in sheets to see as far back as January 2014:
Start of Plan and End of Plan
The Start of Plan time period must come after the Left Scroll Limit. For example, if you choose FY2014 for the Left Scroll Limit, the Start of Plan must be January 2014 or later.
The End of Plan time period must come after the Left Scroll Limit.
The Left Scroll Limit and Actuals Overlay
Assume the plan settings are:
- Left Scroll Limit: FY2014
- Start of Plan: January 2015
Data Display in Sheets with Actuals Overlay
Periods between the Left Scroll Limit and the Start of Plan display actuals data on the plan version. Sheets show actuals overlay from January 2014 to December 2014 except in these cases:
- Hidden actuals from the actuals access control settings. Sheets don't display the actuals data over the plan. You see plan data from January 2014 forward.
- The actuals version's Completed Values Through date is an earlier time than the Start of Plan date. For example, if the Complete Values Through date of the actuals is June 2014, the sheets display actuals data from January 2014 to June 2014. Plan data displays for all periods after that.
Left Scroll Limit and Your Calendar
The Left Scroll Limit must start at least three time periods after the first period of your configured calendar. Otherwise the initial balance for the start of your version doesn't calculate correctly.
If your month-based calendar begins on October 2016, choose a Left Scroll Limit no earlier than January 2017.
Move the Left Scroll Limit
If you move the Left Scroll Limit forward, you delete all the data of that version prior to your new Left Scroll Limit date. If the Left Scroll Limit is FY2014 and you change it to FY2016, you delete all the data for 2014 and 2015 in the version.
To protect the data of the default version, you cannot change the Left Scroll Limit to be a later time period. See Change your Default Version.
To move the Left Scroll Limit:
- From the version list, select the plan version.
- In the Options settings, select a time period from the Left Scroll Limit drop-down. Choose a period that is before the End of Plan and the Start of Plan.
- Save the version.