Why can't I edit Shared Formulas in my Acutals Sub-Versions?
When viewing the shared formulas for an Actuals sub version, you may see the formulas area grayed out:
If you would like to change the shared formulas for the sub version, you will likely need to remove the Lock Leading Months feature from the root/parent Actuals version. The steps to do this are listed below:
1. Go to Modeling > Versions
2. Select the root/parent Actuals Version
3. In the lower right corner, beneath version options, select the small calendar icon to the right of the "Lock Leading Months..." option. There will be an option to "Clear". Select this option, and save the version. The Actuals sub version should now be editable on the shared formulas tab.
4. Make the desired changes to the shared formulas tab for the Actuals sub version. Please note that making changes to a shared formula *may* impact prior period Actuals.
5. Once you have made the desired changes to the shared formulas, be sure to go back to Modeling > Versions > Actuals version > and re-enable the lock leading months option.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Adaptive Support via email at email@example.com or give us a call at 650-810-0556.