If you are going to add multiple attributes and attribute values at once, it is generally faster to use the import function rather than create each one manually. To do this, you will first need to create a spreadsheet containing the new attribute and attribute value information in the correct format, then import it.
If you don't see Import Attribute Structure, the Structure Import permission must be added to your role or you must to be given a role with Structure Import Permission.
To download a template for creating an importable attribute structure, do the following:
- Go to Modeling > Model Management and click Account Attributes or Level Attributes as applicable.
- Click Import Attribute Structure.This pops up a window for structure import with the following options:
- Import Operation - select Append or Reload entire structure
- Download template link - click to download the template.
- Upload and Cancel buttons
Warning: Reload Entire Structure will erase all existing attributes of the type you are importing, so it is imperative that the correct option is chosen!
If the import file contains attribute names that are already in use and Append is being used, an error message will appear. Append cannot be used to
change properties of existing attributes or to re-parent existing attribute values.
- A dialog letting you save or open the template appears. Click the Download template link.
The template itself contains instructions for entering the information you are going to import. Open it in Microsoft Excel and follow the instructions.
- For Append or Reload, populate the import template with the desired entries you want to add.
- Save the template to a convenient location on your computer.
- In the structure import popup window, click the Choose File button to locate and select the import file.
- Click Upload.
See Structure Import for more information on Import Structure options.