See Lock or Hide Versions for step-by-step instructions.
The lists provided here are not comprehensive but cover the most common conditions.
For all locking methods, data is not locked when you:
- Change the model hierarchies: Includes moving, reparenting, or deleting accounts, levels, dimensions, and attributes,
- Reset the calendar.
- Change properties: Includes changing an account type, or rollup type, and changing attribute and dimension tags for levels and accounts.
- Enable or change actuals overlay.
- Edit, add, or remove non-version dependent formulas: Includes metric accounts, master formulas, modeled calculated accounts, cube calculated accounts
- Use system accounts: Includes allocations, eliminations, minority interest, CTA.
What Locks Based on Chosen Options
The version settings that lock or hide versions are:
The table shows what you can do based on the locking method you choose:
|ACTIONS||1 Check the Locked Version Checkbox (plan version only)||2 Select Locked from Access Controls per user type||2 Select Import and Notes from Access Control||2 Select Locked Except Notes from Access Control||3 Select Lock Leading Months|
|Can you edit data in sheets?||
|Can you edit initial balances on cube and standard sheets?||No||No||No||No||No|
|Can you edit/write shared formulas ?||No||No||No||No||No|
|Can you copy data and formulas from one level into a cloned level?||No||No||No||No||Yes|
|Can you edit initial balances on modeled sheets?||No||No||No||No||Yes|
Will new levels inherit the shared formulas of parent levels?
|Can you import data?||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Can you edit/add cell notes?||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Can you move actuals overlay forward on plans?||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Can you submit, approve or reject workflow levels?||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Can you export data?||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Can you edit allocations and elimination rules?||No||No||No||No||No|