Create different actuals versions with the different buttons in the toolbar:
- Actuals sub-versions: Roll up to the root actuals.
- Actuals journal entry versions: Roll up to the root actuals if you have Consolidation.
You don't create the "root" actuals, which is the first actuals version in the version list. This comes with the instance. You can manage the root actuals settings. Sub-versions and journal entry versions inherit all the settings, except the version access controls.
Before You Begin
Create Actuals Sub-Versions
- Select the actuals parent from the version list.
- From the toolbar, select Create New Actuals Version , and enter a name.
- You only need to update the Access Control section. The version inherits most other settings from the root actuals.
- If you have Audit Trail and Transactions in your instance, update those settings in the Options section. See Actuals Sub-Versions Fields and Settings.
- Save the version.
Do not think of sub-versions as alternate views or what-if scenarios of your Actuals. Data modified in sub-versions is always reflected in the Actuals.
When you create the first sub-version of an actuals version:
- The data from the parent moves to the new sub-version.
- The parent version becomes read-only, even if the access control is Full Access. This is because the data is rollup data of its sub-versions.
When you create any additional sub-versions, its cells are blank.
When you delete the only sub-version
- The data rolls up to its parent version.
- The parent version becomes editable.
When you delete one of multiple sub-versions, you delete all the data and its parent's data reflects that.
Create Journal Entry Versions
Journal entry versions are available if you have Consolidation. They inherit most settings from the root actuals.
- To choose the parent of the journal entry, click the root actuals or any sub-version.
From the toolbar, select Create New Journal Entry Version .
Choose how you want the journal entries identified:
Automatic: Adaptive Insights generates an identifying number sequence for each new journal entry. Enter the Prefix and Starting Number. Identification numbers build on the starting number.
None: Leaves journal entries unidentified.
Manual: At the time you create the journal entry, you enter the identification number. Choose a prefix for the numbers.
Choose the Access Control for each user type. If you hide the version and you have chosen it for actuals overlay on a plan, anyone who can see the plan version can see the overlay data.
Select Audit trail to enable it, or leave it unchecked.
Click Save or to cancel.
Drag and drop the new version within the Actuals list only. They can also be nested within actuals sub-versions.
Edit Root Actuals Options
The actuals version is built-in to each instance. If you don't have sub-versions or journal entries, this is your only actuals version. If you create sub-versions or journal entries, this version becomes your root actuals. The data in root actuals aggregates the data of all the actuals versions that roll up to it.
When you edit the Options section of your root actuals, you're editing the settings of all your actuals versions. Here are the major settings. For a full description for each setting, see Actuals Versions Fields and Settings.
Start of Version
|The earliest time period you can see of this version. Choose a fiscal year, and the starting time is the first period of that year, usually January.|
End of Version
|The last time period you can see.|
Starting Scroll Location
|The time period the sheets start at for actuals, although you can scroll further left or right in the version.|
Completed Values Through
When the actuals overlay on plan version stops.
Lock Leading Months Through
|Makes specified periods of data uneditable in the version. See Lock or Hide Versions.|