The Import Data screen is found in the Integration area. This page allows you to import data directly from a spreadsheet into your Adaptive Planning or Consolidation instance. If your company has purchased the NetSuite Integration option, this page also enables you to import actuals data directly from your NetSuite account. If your company has purchased the Transaction Reporting & Analysis module, you will also be able to import your transaction details from this page.
Imports of your account, dimension, and organization structure are performed on their respective Administration pages.
Import Type: Select the type of import and, if applicable, the version into which you wish to import.
Import From: Select the source of the data being imported. If your company has purchased the NetSuite Integration option, you will see a "NetSuite actuals" option. If you have a custom script you will see a "Custom script" option. When you select the "Custom script" option you will next see a list of scripts. Choose one and on the next page you can enter the parameters and launch the script.
The version you are in at the time you run the Custom script is the version you are importing to/exporting from.
Import Into Sheet: If you are importing data to general ledger accounts, custom accounts, assumptions, or exchange rates, select Standard. If you are importing cube sheet data or modeled sheet data, select the second radio button and choose the sheet name from the drop-down list of sheets available in the selected version. If you are importing Transaction data, you do not need to select a sheet and this section does not appear.
Import Mode: If you select a modeled sheet for import, the Import Mode control will appear.
- Add the imported rows to the sheet: This appends the imported data under the data already in the sheet.
- Replace all the data in the sheet: This erases everything already in the sheet and replaces it with the imported data. This choice is not available for Standard and Cube imports because they automatically overwrite any data when importing.
- Replace all data in the sheet, but only for imported levels: This only replaces rows for levels found in the import spreadsheet. The Import to All Levels permission can be disabled so users can only import to levels they have access to. The Import to All Levels permission can be disabled so users can only import to levels they have access to.
Select File: If you are importing from a Spreadsheet, you will see this option. Select the spreadsheet file on your computer to upload for import. Alternatively, click the Download Template link to download a blank template appropriate for importing the type of data you have selected, fill in the template, and then upload it.
Date Formats for Import
The preferred method of entering dates within imported files is to use time period codes. See the Time Administration article for how to view your existing time period codes.
The following legacy formats for dates are accepted within time period columns:
- Excel Date Format: The system will find the time period that contains this date at the appropriate time stratum.
- Text strings in the format MMM-YYYY: If your organization configured a custom calendar, this format will not be accepted.
When importing, you may be asked to map account names, level names, and dimension names seen in the spreadsheet to their corresponding values in Adaptive. You can view and modify any existing import mappings you already have by clicking Import Account Mappings, Import Level Mappings, or Import Dimension Value Mappings under Integration > Import. On these pages, you can:
- Enter mappings manually by clicking Add Mapping
- Clear mappings by clicking Clear Mappings at the bottom of each page
- Download mappings by clicking Printable View
- Import a spreadsheet of mappings using the Import link in the upper right corner of each page.
- View the format required for imported mappings by clicking the Download Template link in the Import Mappings popup.
Erase data from an Actuals version, using specified parameters. For more information, see Erase Actuals.
View the history of imports to the system. History will only show imports of standard data. You can view the actual import request under "File Name" and the status and any error messages under "Action".