Scripted loaders use ETL scripts to perform complex calculations or analysis.
Scripted loaders differ from scripted data sources in that they use different submission steps. Scripted loaders have two types of submissions:
- Dashboards configuration update
- Dashboards metric submit
The metric submission is a mechanism for updating metrics that predate scripted data sources. Data is submitted directly to the metric data store. The staging area is not used.
You also can used Scripted loaders for submissions to planning, and exports from Planning.
To create a new scripted loader:
Access the Data Designer by going to Integration > Design Integrations.
In the Loaders folder in the Component Library on the right side of the screen, click Create New Loader.
The Create New dialog box appears.
Select Scripted Loader as the loader type and enter a name for the loader.
The center area of the screen displays your new loader’s settings and other information, as shown below.
5. Enter the scripted loader’s information:
- Associated Agent: Select the data agent from the drop-down list.
- Entry Point: Select the script from the drop-down list.
- Log Level: Select a log level from the drop-down list to specify the detail for the logging for this data source. Your options are:
- Error: Only logs serious errors.
- Info: Logs all basic information, such as when the data source was updated.
- Verbose: Provides very detailed information about all phases and actions. (This level is used primarily for debugging or auditing, as it may produce more log information than is practical for typical use.)
- Click Save on the Actions menu.
When you have saved the basic configuration of the loader, you can add parameters. Parameters are used for passing runtime information to the script.
To add a parameter to the loader:
Drag a parameter from the Parameter menu and drop it on the Metric Settings table.
Click Save on the Actions menu.
Adding and Editing Parameters
You can add and edit parameters for scripted loaders.
To add a parameter, follow these steps:
Click the Edit Parameters icon to the right of the Parameters heading.
The Parameters Editor dialog box appears (shown below).
Click the folder in the left pane that you want to add a parameter to. The folder name appears in the right pane.
Click Add and select one of the following options from the floating menu:
- Folder: Create a new folder.
- Boolean: Create a boolean parameter (true/false).
- Integer: Create an integer parameter.
- Text: Create a text parameter.
- Password: Create a password parameter.
- Period Range: Create a period range parameter (from/to dates) using the time periods from the time structure in Adaptive Insights.
- In the right pane, enter the information for the option you selected.
- Click Apply.
You can edit individual parameters or the folders by double-clicking the item you want to edit in the left pane and making changes to the information in the fields, then clicking Apply to save your changes.
You can create folders to group parameters, then drag parameters to the folder.