Adaptive Integration uses the metrics from Adaptive Discovery, but you may want to add or edit a metric.
To add a metric, follow these steps:
In the Loaders folder in the Component Library on the right side of the screen, click Edit Metrics.
The Data Components Editor dialog box appears (shown below).
Click a folder or metric in the left pane that you want to add a metric to. (The metrics in the left pane are created by running a metric loader.) The right pane of the screen dialog box displays two tabs of information about the highlighted metric.
Click Add and select Calculated Metric from the floating menu.
A metric with the default name Calculated Metric appears under the metric you highlighted, and the right pane changes to show three tabs for the metric you want to add, as shown below.
Enter information in the fields as described below:
- Name: Enter the name for the metric. (This name replaces the default name in the left pane when you click Apply.)
- Short Name: Enter a short name for the metric, to be used when there isn’t enough space for the full name.
- Budget Name: Enter an alternate name to use in Adaptive Discovery Enterprise.
- Units: Select the unit of measure from the drop-down list. This is used for displaying the metric’s values in Discovery dials.
- Minimum Period Type: This display-only field shows the minimum period for the metric.
- Disabled Variable Handling: Select an option from the drop-down list to specify how to handle disabled variables during loader processing. Your options are:
- Disable Metric: Disable the entire metric.
- Ignore Variable: Ignore the disabled variable, but continue processing the metric.
- Null Variable Handling: Select an option from the drop-down list to specify how to handle null variables during loader processing. Your options are:
- Use null value: Use a null value for the variable.
- Use zero: Use zero for the variable.
- Click Expressions.
The Expressions tab appears in the right pane, as shown below.
- Enter a formula for the metric. Click Click here for Metric formula help for a list of operators and expressions you can use to create your formula.
- Click Dimensions.
The Dimensions tab appears, as shown below.
- Click Apply.
Dimensions added within the loader are associated and available for each metric referenced in the same loader. You can create dimensions and metrics in any order.
You can edit individual metrics or the aggregate metrics by double-clicking the metric in the left pane and making changes to the information in the fields, then clicking Apply to save your changes.
You can add folders to group metrics in the left pane.
To add a metric folder, follow these steps:
In the Data Components Editor dialog box, highlight a folder.
Click Add and select Metric Folder from the floating menu.
A folder with the default name MetricFolder appears at the bottom of the list under the folder you highlighted, and the right pane changes to show a single tab for the folder you want to add.
Enter the name of the folder. (This name replaces the default name in the left pane when you click Apply.)
You can drag metrics to the folder to group them.