After you install the Data Agent Service Manager on your PC, you must launch and configure it.
- Required permissions: Integration > Data Designer
- Verify you downloaded and installed the Data Agent Service Manager.
- Verify you have access to a valid Adaptive Planning username and password
- Verify your network whitelists
*.adaptiveplanning.comdomains, and that port 443 is open on your computer
From the nav menu, go to Integration > Design Integrations
- Launch the Data Agent Service Manager and verify connectivity.
- Configure the Data Agent Service Manager.
Launch the Data Agent Manager and Verify Connectivity
- Search for and launch the Data Agent Service Manager on your local computer.
- Select Diagnose and Configure Network in the login prompt to open the settings and cluster URLs dialog.
- Provide proxy settings if your network requires, and select Update Proxy Settings to save them.
- Select Test Service Internet Access then Test Your Internet Access to verify your connectivity.
- Select Cluster URLs and review the settings. By default, the Admin and Server URLs use Adaptive Planning
- Log in with a valid Adaptive Planning username and password to open the Data Agent Manager.
If your instance is Workday-enabled and you synchronized users from Workday to Adaptive Planning, you must use your Workday credentials. See Log into the Data Agent and Script Editor with Workday Credentials.
- View the Service Internet Connection field to verify that Service Internet Connection status is bright green and Healthy.
From the Data Agent Manager Setup tab, select Refresh to reestablish the connection to your selected server. You can also select Diagnose and Configure Network to adjust network settings.
Port 443 must be open on the computer running the Data Agent Service Manager to communicate with Adaptive Planning. Also verify that *.adaptiveplanning.com domains are whitelisted for your network. See Data Residency Requirements and Domain Whitelisting for more information.
(Optional) Set Appliance Cluster Base URL
The Diagnose and Configure button lets you set the URL for an appliance cluster base if your Dashboards runs as an appliance in a custom cluster. This button also lets you set the URLs for your Adaptive Planning server information. Contact Adaptive Planning Support before changing them.
- Select Set as Required for this Cluster to save a change to the cluster base URL.
- Select Apply Cluster Settings to save changes to the Adaptive Planning server information or select Restore Defaults to restore the default values.
- Verify the Service Internet Connection field in the Data Agent Manager Setup tab turns green and indicates Healthy.
Gateway URL and Geography
Gateway URL and geography fields automatically populate when you install and provision agents.
The Switch Geography button activates in the Cluster URLs tab if the Recommended Actions in the Setup tab indicates a gateway geography conflict.
Contact Adaptive Planning support before modifying Gateway and Geography settings.
Configure the Data Agent Manager
After you establish the network connection,
- Select Service Info & Options in the Data Agent Service Manager .
- Select Refresh a few times if you adjusted your network settings and you don't see the changes.
- Review your settings:
- Remote Access URL (Host Hint): (Read-only) the URL uniquely identifies the gateway connecting the Data Agent Service Manager with the Integration server.
- Data Agent Service Id: (Read-only) uniquely identifies the specific agent service. When the agent service ID appends to the remote access URL, the resulting URL gives the full URL addressing the specific Data Agent service.
- Max Disk Storage per Agent (MB): Disk storage in megabytes for storing the information extracted by each agent. Enter -1 for unlimited.
- Number of Kettle Job Runners: Number of Kettle job runners allowed on this computer, usually just 1. Best Practice: Fewer is better because more runners use more RAM.
- Max Memory per Job Runner (MB): Maximum memory in megabytes per job runner.
- Max Temp Disk Size per Job Runner (MB): Maximum temporary disk size in megabytes per job runner. Enter -1 for unlimited.
- Trusted Tenants: Tenants allowed to create new agents on this computer over the Internet without logging in to this computer. You can also select Users from any Tenant can create Agents on this PC (not recommended), but doing so does not guarantee you control access to your data.
- Restrict Job Runner Access to Files: Selected by default. Restricts access to local files directly under control of the data agent. Uncheck to access files throughout the file system.
- Verbose Logging: Select for verbose logging.
- Log all Comms: Logs entries for all database and network communication between the Data Agent Service Manager and the agents.
- Scrub Non-printing characters: Removes or transforms illegal XML characters and unwanted characters from input text streams. Requires a
scrubbingRules.txtfile for removing additional characters you do not want. See the Remove Specified Characters from Input Text Streams in JDBC and Microsoft Dynamics GP section of this article for details.
- Troubleshoot any connection problems by selecting Show Data Agent Service Log to display the log files.
- Select Apply Data Agent Service Settings to apply changes.
- Continue with Create a Data Agent.
Remove Specified Characters from Input Text Streams in JDBC and Microsoft Dynamics GP
When a Data Agent loads data via a JDBC data source or Microsoft Dynamics GP data source, the data writes to the local hard disk as XML. This XML may contain control characters:
- TAB (0x9)
- New Line (0xA)
- Carriage Return (0xD)
- Other non-printing characters
Data Agents stream data into these XML files without encoding. If control characters outside of the XML character range stream in, errors show up. You can remove or transform illegal XML and other unwanted characters from input text streams by using a
- Create a text file named
C:\Program Files\Workday Adaptive Planning Data Agent.For data agent versions 7.1.44 and older use
C:\Program Files\Adaptive Data Agent
- List the characters you want removed or transformed in the
- Each line must contain the old character and the new value separated by "=".
- Leave the new value empty if you to remove the character. Each character must be represented by its Unicode value.
- Lines starting with a # get treated as a comment.
scrubbingRules.txt file content:
#Tab, New Line and CR 0009= 000A= 000D= #!=_ 007C=005F
- Launch the Data Agent Service Manager.
- Select the Service Info & Options tab and select Scrub Non-printing Characters.
- Select Apply Data Agent Service Settings.
If you select Scrub Non-printing Characters, all illegal XML characters disappear from the input data, even if those characters don't appear in your
- Restart the Data Agent windows service.
Scrub Non-printing Characters does not affect Scripted Data Sources. Use scripting to remove or transform characters as needed.
Locate Logs for Troubleshooting Data Agent Issues
If you need to troubleshoot issues, or if Support asks for them, you can find logs within: