Advantages of CCDS Versus Scripted Loaders or Data Sources
There are several advantages of using CCDS rather than Scripted Loaders and Data Sources:
- CCDS scripts execute on Adaptive Planning Integration servers, rather than in agents installed on customer PCs.
- No kettle installation required.
- Partners create purpose-built adapters for specific use cases. These adapters then only expose the needed tables as a CCDS.
- CCDS enable the use of individual product APIs written by developers they “self host,” for interacting with public Adaptive Planning Integration APIs to exchange metadata and data.
- CCDS supports OAuth 1.0a and OAuth 2.0.
- Authors of CCDS data sources can easily distribute them for others to fill in settings.
CCDS is exposed only for the Planning and Metrics Loaders and does not allow third parties to load pre-compiled code (JDBC drivers, DLLs) onto Adaptive Planning servers.