This article includes suggestions and workarounds. Content may not be accurate for all use cases or represent best practices for the latest release.
How do I upload Account Mappings?
If you go to Integration > Import Accounts Mappings, you should see a link in the upper right hand corner of your screen for "Import Account Mappings". This link allows you to download the Import Account Mappings template. The template enables you to upload your account mappings, instead of adding them one at a time.
The import account mappings template requires that the Mapped Account (the account you are mapping your ERP GL account to in Adaptive) be listed as "Account Code - Account Name". To retrieve the account code and name and format it accordingly, please follow the steps below. An example is attached as "Account Formatter". The formulas referenced below are provided in the Mappings tab, Cells C4:D4.
- Go to Modeling > GL Accounts.
- Select "Printable View" near the bottom of the screen. This will download an excel file of your GL Accounts.
- Delete any accounts that do not need to be mapped. Mappings from your ERP to Adaptive accounts are many to one, meaning that multiple accounts from your ERP can be mapped to one account in Adaptive. This means that importing new mappings to an account that is already mapped will not delete the old mappings.
- Copy and paste Column A and Column C from the Accounts tab into a newly created tab. In column C, place a formula that says
=Trim(A1), where 1 is the row number you are currently on. In Column D, place
=CONCATENATE(B4," - ",C4).
- Copy and Paste the values in Column D of your new tab into your Account Mappings Template, beneath the "Mapped Account" header in column B.
- In column A, beneath the "Import Account" header, input the accounts from your ERP that are to be mapped to the accounts in Adaptive.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Support at Support@adaptiveinsights.com or give us a call at 650-810-0556.