How can I transfer scripts from one data agent to another?
Sometimes you may find yourself in a position where you have created a new data agent and you would like to transfer scripts that are associated with a previous data agent to be associated with the newly created data agent. You can transfer those scripts by following the steps below:
This is a fairly advanced process that should only be performed by an individual with working knowledge of the Adaptive Data Agent and the agent server where the Adaptive Data Agent Service Manager is installed.
- Open the Adaptive Script Editor
- Enter your Adaptive credentials.
- Select your Adaptive instance code from the Active Tenant dropdown menu.
- Select the agent with the scripts you want to copy (Agent 1) from the Select Active Agent menu. This will download the scripts stored in this agent.
- Select the agent that you want to copy the scripts to (Agent 2) from the Select Active Agent menu.
- Go to
C:\Users\<user you are logged in as>\Adaptive Agents\<instance code>\DataSources\CustomDataSources
- In this location, there will be folders for every agent in the Adaptive instance that you accessed from the Adaptive Script Editor on that computer.
- Every folder will have a name like AgentTemplate_XXXXX_, where XXXXX is an internal ID number for the agent. To find out which folder corresponds to each agent, open the folder (e.g., AgentTemplate_XXXXX_ ) and then open the agent.config.xml file within. This XML file will have a <displayName> node that shows the display name for this agent.
- Go to
C:\Users\<user you are logged in as>\Adaptive Agents\<instance code>\DataSources\CustomDataSources\<Agent 1 ID>\Repositoryand copy the scripts in this folder.
- Go to
C:\Users\<user you are logged in as>\Adaptive Agents\<instance code>\DataSources\CustomDataSources\<Agent 2 ID>\Repositoryand paste the scripts into this folder.
- In the Adaptive Script Editor, click Publish Agent Changes.
- Log in to your Adaptive Insights instance and go to Integration > Data Designer > Data Sources. For each scripted data source, select the <new agent> as the Agent and select the script to use as the entry point for the data source.