Data Center Migration - Update Legacy Data Agents
What can I do right now?
If your instance uses a data agent, please review your data agents version before the migration to see if it uses any of the 5.x versions.
To find your data agents version:
- Log in to your instance
- From the navigation menu, click Integration > Design Integrations
- Expand the Data Agents section
- Select each configured data agent and review the version
What changes do I need to make if my data agent uses a 5.x version?
Data agents using any of the legacy 5.x versions will try to use a TLS cipher suite that is not supported by AWS servers. You can use the steps below
to update your data agent so that it uses a supported cipher suite.
- Log in to the machine where the Adaptive Data Agent Service Manager program is installed
- Go to the Start menu > search Notepad > right-click on Notepad > select Run As Administrator
- In Notepad, open the following file:
C:\Program Files\Adaptive Data Agent\AgentService64.ini
- Locate the line that starts with Virtual Machine Parameters, ] make sure there is a space at the end of the line, and then add the following to the end of the line:
- The resulting line should like this:
Virtual Machine Parameters=-Xrs -Xmx512M -Dhttps.protocols=TLSv1.2 - Dhttps.cipherSuites=TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256
- Save the change