In your profile, you can
- Change your personal information, password, and homepage.
- Send and receive email notifications.
- Create your own personal email groups.
- Choose your default instance if you have access to more than one.
For a comprehensive list of profile fields, see User Fields. Check the table's third column to see if the field appears in your profile.
How You Get There
From the top menu of any screen, click your profile avatar to open the drop-down. Click View Profile.
Change Your Password
You can change your password if your instance is set up to allow it in Administration > General Setup > Password Reset Management.
On the upper right corner of the screen, enter your old password, and then enter and verify your new password. Click Save.
Change Your Home Page
The page you see when you first log in is the home page your administrator set for you. You can change your home page. Choose a home page that's the most useful to you.
If you're an admin and you want to change the default home page of a user, see Create, Edit, and Delete Users.
From My Profile
- From the toolbar, click the arrow to the right of the profile icon and select Settings.
- Find the Home page dropdown, and select a different home page.
- Click Save at the bottom of the screen.
Home Page Options
The options available to you depend on the permissions assigned to your role.
|Home Page Option||Minimum Requirements|
Welcome: Page where you link to content curated by Workday.
|Login ID and password|
|What's New: Page where you review highlights of the latest release for Workday Adaptive Planning.||Login ID and password|
|Announcement Page: Page where you review content created by your admin.||
Login ID and password
Enable Announcements Tab selected in the General Settings by your admin.
|Sheets: Sheets Overview where you open sheets that you have access to. See Using Sheets.||Permission: Access Sheets|
|Assumptions: User-Assigned Sheets Overview where you open sheets assigned directly to you. See Using Sheets.||
Permission: Access Sheets
|Reports: Reports Overview where you run your personal reports and the reports that others have shared with you.||Permission: Access Reports|
Dashboards: Dashboard Overview, or specific perspectives and dashboards shared with you. When you select Dashboards, you have three options:
See Using Dashboards.
Permission: Access Dashboards
No options are available in the Perspective and Dashboard dropdowns if no one has shared a perspective with you.
|Processes: Process Overview where you review and complete tasks assigned to you. See Get Started with Processes and Tasks.||
Permission: Access Process Tracker
|Workflow: Workflow Status where you review and approve the status of submitted levels. See Use Workflow.||
Permission: Approve Levels
|Model Management: The Modeling area where you build sheets, accounts, custom dimensions, attributes, and shared formulas. You may have additional access depending on your permissions. See Model Administration.||Permission: Model Management Access > Model|
|Model Overview: A visual graphic of your model where can see how your model fits together. See Visual Model Overview.||Permission: Model Management Access > Model|
|Administration: Administration area of the model where you manage users, roles, access rules, and general set up. See Security and Administration.||Permission: Admin Access|
Intercompany Eliminations: The Consolidations > Intercompany Eliminations area of the model where you manage elimination rules. See Consolidation.
Permission: Access Consolidation
|Export: The Integration > Export Data area of the model where you export data to a csv file.||Permission: Export Capabilities|
|Import: The Integration > Import Data area of the model where you import data into sheets.||Permission: Import Capabilities|
Send and Receive Email Notifications
The following events can trigger an email notification:
- Sharing web reports. See Share Reports.
- Sharing perspective snapshots. See Perspective Snapshots.
- Process task assignments. See Manage Process Tasks.
- Sheets approval using workflows. See Use Workflow.
- Success or failure of integration tasks. See Manage Integration Task Notifications.
To ensure that you can send or receive notifications about these events, next to Email, select Use username as email or specify a different email address.
Create Personal Email Groups
When you send reports, rather than selecting each email recipient individually, you can create and manage groups of users to make sending reports more efficient. For example, if you send a weekly Sales report to the head of sales and to the executive staff, you can create a group called Sales Report that includes everyone who should receive the report.
Create Personal Email Group
- Toward the bottom of the screen, click New Group.
- Enter a Name for the group.
- Use Shift+Click or Ctrl+Click to select more than one item at a time. You can use:
- Available Groups: A list of user groups that already exist in Adaptive Planning.
- Available Users: A list of all users in your model.
- Available Levels: This tab shows the organization structure for your model. Select a level to include all the users with access to that level.
5. After you select groups, users, or levels, click the right arrows (>>) to include them in Selected Recipients.
6. Click OK.
Edit or Delete Personal Email Group
To edit an existing group, click the pencil icon. You can:
- Change the name of the group.
- Remove and add groups, users, or levels from the group.
To delete a group, click the X icon.
Choose Your Default Instance
If you have access to multi-instances, choose an instance from the Default Instance dropdown.