To change your personal information, password, or notification preferences, click the arrow to the right of the profile icon at the top of the screen and select Settings.
Update Personal Information
On the upper left area of the screen, update general information, such as:
- Name and Position.
- Your Email. See Receive Email Notifications.
- Home page. See Log in and Change Your Home Page.
- Time zone, Country and State (if applicable)
- Default Instance: If you have access to multi-instances, choose your default.
Click Save to keep your updates.
Send and Receive Email Notifications
The following events can trigger an email notification in Adaptive Insights:
- Sharing web reports. See Share a Report.
- Sharing perspective snapshots. See Perspective Snapshots.
- Process task assignments. See Manage Process Tasks.
- Sheets approval using workflows. See Use Workflow.
- Success or failure of integration tasks. See Manage Integration Task Notifications.
To ensure that you can send or receive notifications about these events, next to Email, select Use username as email or specify a different email address.
Change Your Password
You can change your password if your instance is set up to allow it in Administration > General Setup > Password Reset Management.
On the upper right corner of the screen, enter your old password, and then enter and verify your new password. Click Save.
Manage Personal Email Groups
When you send reports, rather than selecting each email recipient individually, you can create and manage groups of users to make sending reports more efficient. For example, if you send a weekly Sales report to the head of sales and to the executive staff, you can create a group called Sales Report that includes everyone who should receive the report.
Create Personal Email Group
- Toward the bottom of the screen, click New Group.
- Enter a Name for the group.
- Use Shift+Click or Ctrl+Click to select more than one item at a time. You can use:
- Available Groups: A list of user groups that already exist in Adaptive Insights.
- Available Users: A list of all users in your model.
- Available Levels: This tab shows the organization structure for your model. Select a level to include all the users with access to that level.
5. After you select groups, users, or levels, click the right arrows (>>) to include them in Selected Recipients.
6. Click OK.
Edit or Delete Personal Email Group
To edit an existing group, click the pencil icon. You can:
- Change the name of the group.
- Remove and add groups, users, or levels from the group.
To delete a group, click the X icon.