Only available with Adaptive Insights for Sales
A sheet chart is a container for displaying sheets within a Discovery dashboard. Sheet charts let you make changes to the sheet data your charts rely on without the need to navigate out of Discovery. Saved changes immediately update related charts and sheets in a dashboard.
Sheet charts let you input data to see the results of your changes on the rest of your model. Think of them as input forms. If your other dashboards rely on a sheet, and you change the sheet content, your changes cascade automatically to those other locations when you save.
See Sheet Chart Settings for setting options and descriptions. See Sheets Overview to understand how sheets work across Adaptive Insights.
- Click Edit to put your dashboard in edit mode.
- On the left panel, click to choose a chart. Drag and drop Sheet Chart to the design area.
- On the right panel, give the sheet chart a name in Appearance Settings . This only names the container for the sheet and does not change the sheet name.
- Click Data Settings and select the sheet from Adaptive Insights. Only the cube, modeled, and standard sheets you have permissions to view are available.
- Click Done .
Sheet charts inherit their display settings from the sheet, not from your dashboard configuration settings. To control the time period settings for time span elements in a sheet chart, go directly to the underlying sheet, change the time settings in the display options , and save.
Modify Sheet Content in a Sheet Chart
Once you add a sheet chart to a dashboard you can edit its content if:
- You have permissions to edit the sheet in the Adaptive Insights.
- You select the level the sheet belongs to in the dashboard perspective context.
- The dashboard is not in edit mode.
The type of edits you can make depend on the sheet type. The general editing process is:
- Select the level this sheet belongs to in perspective context.
- Click inside the sheet to edit. Use any of the sheet right-click context menus available, or use the sheet chart toolbar buttons.
- Click within the sheet chart toolbar and any dependent charts in the dashboard refresh using your sheet edits.
View Sheet Filters in a Sheet Chart Containing a Cube Sheet
The filters you would normally see in a cube sheet in Adaptive Insights remain hidden in Discovery 1 normal view until the sheet chart is viewed in 2 expanded view mode.
To view the cube sheet filters:
- Move your cursor over a sheet chart containing a cube sheet.
- Click Expanded View for the sheet.
- The cube sheet filters become visible and reflect the dashboard's Perspective Context settings.
- Click X at the top right of the expanded view to return the sheet to its normal view.
Changes made to cube sheet filters in expanded view get cleared when you return to normal view. If you need to change filter settings, do so by navigating to it from the main navigation > Sheets menu.
Sheet Chart Toolbar
The sheet chart toolbar is a compact version of the toolbar you would normally see for a sheet. The buttons available in it vary based on the sheet type. See Working with Sheets for more on using and understanding each of the sheet types.
|Button||Description||All Sheets||Modeled Sheet/Standard Sheet||Cube Sheet|
|Search: Enable the search form.||✔|
|Search Form: Enter the search term.||✔|
|Search Next: Move to the next search result.||✔|
|Search Previous: Move to the previous search result.||✔|
|Clear Search: Clear the search term||✔|
|Add Row: Add a row.||✔|
|Delete Row: Delete a row.||✔|
|Save: Save the sheet. This button only gets enabled if you made a sheet change.||✔|
|Clear All Sheet Edits: Clear all of the changes you made to the sheet since the last save. This button only gets enabled if you made a sheet change.||✔|
|Refresh Sheet: Refresh the modeled sheet.||Modeled Sheets only|
More: Contains other context menu choices based on the sheet type.
Sheet Chart Examples
Territory Assignment Sheet and Territory Map
A territory assignment sheet might list sales representatives and their territory assignments. In the example below, a sheet chart was created containing the territory assignment sheet and included under its related territory map chart. Any geography changes in the sheet get reflected in the territory map.
Bookings Target Sheet and Plan vs Target Chart
A sales bookings targets sheet might list both dollar amounts or percentages you need to set year over year. In the example below, the bookings target sheet is placed under a chart that compares planned bookings to target bookings. Any percentage or dollar changes in the sheet get reflected by the bars in the chart.