Sharing a perspective lets you collaborate with others by giving them view or edit access to your dashboards and charts.
Perspectives are personal (private for your eyes only) or shared (available to others). Personal and shared perspectives are contextual and will display in your Perspectives Overview only when they have content. The following shows personal and shared perspectives in list view and grid view:
When you share a perspective, you and others with Edit access can:
- Share or unshare shared perspectives with others.
- Check out, lock, and edit a perspective.
- Publish and unlock a checked out perspective.
Before You Begin
- Required Permission: Access Discovery.
- Edit access to a private or shared perspective.
How You Get There
From the nav menu, click Discovery to display the perspective overview.
Share or Unshare a Perspective
You can share Personal perspectives with anyone who has access to Discovery. You can give others view or edit access to the perspective:
The Owner icon displays next to a perspective indicating that you created this perspective and are the owner.
You can share or unshare Shared perspectives if you have Edit access to the perspective.
- On the perspective, click the More iconand choose Share. The Share Perspective dialog displays.
- Browse or search for users:
- Filter the list by All Users, Can View, or Can Edit.
- Search for specific person. Type a name or email address. Auto-complete will filter the list as you type.
- For each user, click to give them view access or to give edit access to the perspective.
- Click Save.
Check out a Shared Perspective
Anyone who has Edit access to shared perspectives can edit the contents of the perspective, including dashboards and charts.
You must check out the perspective to edit – even if you are the owner. Checking out a shared perspective locks it and moves a version of the perspective into your personal folder until you publish the changes. Locking prevents others from editing the perspective. Others can continue to view the published version.
Edit the Contents of a Shared Perspective
- On the shared perspective, click the More icon and choose Checkout. The following shows two grid views of the checked out and locked Company Summary perspective:
1 View from the person who checked out the perspective. The shared perspective displays in the personal and shared folders. The Edit icon indicates that the perspective is checked out for editing. The Lock icon indicates that the perspective is checked out and unavailable for others to edit.
2 View from the owner. The owner can see that the perspective is checked out by another person. Hover over the Lock icon to see who has the perspective checked out.
- Click the perspective to access the contents.
- Click and make your changes. Click Done when you are done editing.
Publish the Perspective
You can publish the perspective when you are ready to make the changes viewable to other users who have shared access to this perspective. Publishing checks the perspective in and makes it available for other users to view, check out, and edit. You can publish a perspective with the Edit icon:
- On the perspective, click the More icon and choose Publish. In Grid view, the perspective no longer displays in your personal folder.
Others can view your changes and check out the perspective for more edits.